Las Caletas or Mismaloya - PV?

LolaBunny

We are going on our first cruise next month on the Carnival Pride and have narrowed down our excursion choices (we think :) ) to either the day at Las Caletas or at Mismaloya. Can anyone give their advice/opinions one way or the other.

Thanks!

We are going on our first cruise next month on the Carnival Pride and have narrowed down our excursion choices (we think :) ) to either the day at Las Caletas or at Mismaloya. Can anyone give their advice/opinions one way or the other.

Thanks!

I really don't know why anybody would want to spend a day in Mismaloya. Las Caletas is an all-inclusive day on a private beach with a wide variety of activities to suit everybody's needs. Go every year and will do so again this year.

Enjoy!

I really don't know why anybody would want to spend a day in Mismaloya. Las Caletas is an all-inclusive day on a private beach with a wide variety of activities to suit everybody's needs. Go every year and will do so again this year.

Enjoy!

Thanks, this is exactly the info we want. On the Carnival website, they make the day at the Mismaloya resort seem so cool, but reading your post, I am excited about the Las Caletas excursion!! thanks!

We are planning on going to Las Caletas, that seemed like a good tour to do also.....I may just do that from the ship (book) as it isn't much difference in price from what the tour operators offer...

thanks so much!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After staying at the hotel (4 times) and doing the Las Caletas tour, there is no comparison. I would take Mismaloya any day. You can snorkel from the beach or take a ponga boat from the village next door to go to Los Arcos, it's right around the corner. If you want to hike, then there are many places to walk. We stayed there before the beach got wiped out and after, but have not been there since the ownership changed. They do offer day passes to the hotel for $75/adults and ??? for kids. Remember this is all inclussive and you'll have more food options then at Las Caletas. Not to mention Jet Skis and other fun things.

Archived