Do U recommend the Snorkel Park beach?

Ivy86

Yes, it is right there at the dock, right down from the Rum Cake Factory and Glas works. Snorkel Park is my least favorite beach in Bermuda. Try Horseshoe Bay. You will definitely need transportation, bus, scooter, or taxi to get there. If you want good snorkeling try Church Bay, Tobacco Bay or Achiles

I have to agree with the above poster. Snorkel park is not what I'd call a beach. Horseshoe bay is gorgous so get yourself transportation there, we'll worth it.

If you've never been to bermuda before I'd hate for you to think that Snorkel park is what bermuda beaches are like.

Good luck.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question but I know somone will. This was the last beach we did last year on our cruise and our cruise this october we'll stick to horseshoe bay and find some new ones !

How much is the taxi from the pier? Do U happen to know?:confused:

thanks for the responses.:)

If you look at my map of the Dockyard area, and zoom way in on the markers at the top, you can see Snorkel Park to the left. I need to add a marker for it.

I would agree it's not a standout among the other beaches of Bermuda. However, it does have redeeming qualities. First, it's within easy walking distance of the ship if you are docked at the Dockyard. If everyone in your party wants to get in the water, this is fairly important because I don't think any beaches have lockers for your stuff while you are in the water. So you can just get dressed and walk over, the only thing you need to keep with you is your seapass card, photo ID and any money you might want to spend at the little concession stand.

Also, it is fairly well protected, so not a lot of waves. Good for beginner snorkelers. I did see quite a few fish as well.

Soon I will have pics from this trip up in an album, there will be shots of Snorkel Park there.

Theron

If you look at my map of the Dockyard area, and zoom way in on the markers at the top, you can see Snorkel Park to the left. I need to add a marker for it.

I would agree it's not a standout among the other beaches of Bermuda. However, it does have redeeming qualities. First, it's within easy walking distance of the ship if you are docked at the Dockyard. If everyone in your party wants to get in the water, this is fairly important because I don't think any beaches have lockers for your stuff while you are in the water. So you can just get dressed and walk over, the only thing you need to keep with you is your seapass card, photo ID and any money you might want to spend at the little concession stand.

Also, it is fairly well protected, so not a lot of waves. Good for beginner snorkelers. I did see quite a few fish as well.

Soon I will have pics from this trip up in an album, there will be shots of Snorkel Park there.

Theron

Thanks 4 the advice...:)

If you are going to Snorkel Beach for snorkeling, then you will be very happy. You need to be able to swim out to the buoys and then you will see some amazing sea life. Also, if you are with little kids, and you don't care one way or the other about beaches, then this is a good place to go. For me, I would rather go to Snorkel Beach than any of the shopping at the Dockyards. . .but that is just me. I love the water and being in the water.

Snorkel Park may not be up to Horseshoe Bay but it is very convenient for passengers docking at King's Wharf especially on the day the ship sails because you won't have to worry about getting back to the ship on time. I also agree it is ideal for snorkelers.

Snorkel Park may not be up to Horseshoe Bay but it is very convenient for passengers docking at King's Wharf especially on the day the ship sails because you won't have to worry about getting back to the ship on time. I also agree it is ideal for snorkelers.

Thanks 4 the advice:)

it is convienient but Horseshoe Bay is not to be missed. I have been on 26 cruises and many beaches on those cruises, plus many beaches on land vacations and in my opinion Horseshoe Bay is the best beach I have ever been to. I think Horseshoe Bay may be the best beach in the world !!!

it is convienient but Horseshoe Bay is not to be missed. I have been on 26 cruises and many beaches on those cruises, plus many beaches on land vacations and in my opinion Horseshoe Bay is the best beach I have ever been to. I think Horseshoe Bay may be the best beach in the world !!!

bermuda department of tourism called and would like to know where to send the cheque!

Make sure you pack water shoes, or at least cheap flipflops to wear in the water. Lots of broken coral in the water that KILLS your footsies.

:eek: wow! nice to know...thanks

I have been to Horseshoe Bay,Elbow Beach, Snorkel Park and several snorkeling tours. We found Snorkel Park to be very nice. It certainly is not as large as some other beaches and also not as crowded as Horseshoe Bay.

Snorkel Park seems to improve each year. This August we found that you could rent chairs for 10.00 for as long as you wanted or chairs and an umbrella for 20.00. They also rented cool floats for the kids to use, I think they were 5.00.

If you snorkel, the best spot a Snorkel Park was on the other side of the rock wall toward the left. There was beautiful purple fan corral, brain corral, lots of parrot fish, angel fish, etc. The parrot fish were quite large.

The food there was a bit expensive, but then again it is Bermuda. I had a craving for a hot dog, which cost around 14.00!!!!!

Again, the convenience of being so close to the ship was a great plus for us.

We also travel with two elderly couples that have a scooter and electric wheel chair. They were able to ride them from the ship to the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Bermuda last week and stopped at snorkel park. After reading reviews of people saying they liked it i'm sorry to say but I was not impressed. It was nice an close to the ship, but it wasnt anything special. Its a man made beach and there aren't any waves so I think that made it kind of boring. The guy at the jetski rental stand didnt seem very friendly, not to mention the price was absurd, $140 for 1 jetski 2 riders, and its a guided tour (no fun!). The prices at the bar were pretty steep too, $17 for a cheesesteak. Didnt even bother to look at the drink prices. Your better off walking back to the ship for food or drinks.

If your looking for a beach to spend the day definetly check out Horshoe bay, and use the shuttle to get back up the hill. Its definetly the best dollar you'll ever spend in bermuda

I was in Bermuda last week and stopped at snorkel park. After reading reviews of people saying they liked it i'm sorry to say but I was not impressed. It was nice an close to the ship, but it wasnt anything special. Its a man made beach and there aren't any waves so I think that made it kind of boring. The guy at the jetski rental stand didnt seem very friendly, not to mention the price was absurd, $140 for 1 jetski 2 riders, and its a guided tour (no fun!). The prices at the bar were pretty steep too, $17 for a cheesesteak. Didnt even bother to look at the drink prices. Your better off walking back to the ship for food or drinks.

If your looking for a beach to spend the day definetly check out Horshoe bay, and use the shuttle to get back up the hill. Its definetly the best dollar you'll ever spend in bermuda

:)Thanks 4 the advice.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Snorkel Beach during August at the end of a superb day on Ezee Bike 'n Hike tour (thoroughly recommended). My husband and daughter snorkelled while I sat on the beach with the bags. Only down side was that this is the first time I have ever seen a rat on the beach (and I've been on many beaches around the world). :eek: Toilets were clean and we were able to rent snorkel gear for $10 each. Husband and daughter were delighted with the snorkel experience too.

I checked out Snorkel Beach in August but I wasn't very impressed.

If the weather isn't good or you don't have a lot of time it's very close to the cruise dock. If you are a beach person and have the whole day, go to Horseshoe Bay. You can rent chairs and umbrellas and there are restrooms and food. The bus stop is near the dock and is much less expensive than a cab. The bus lets off and picks up at the top of the hill.

It's an easy walk down, but the $1.00 for the van ride to the top is truly the best $1.00 you will spend the whole trip.

Horseshoe Bay is truly one of the most beautiful beach in the world.

Being a fair-skinned Viking, I get sunburned easily and quite painfully. Yes, Horsehoe is a far superior beach, but there is no shade. At Snorkel Park, there are enough structures providing shade, including the main building and a tent-covered platform.

Another plus for Snorkel Park is that it is on flat land so that if you are handicapped it is not problematic. The same cannot be said about Horseshoe, although the $1 shuttle to the beach may help in that respect.