Do U recommend the Snorkel Park beach?

Ivy86

Make sure you pack water shoes, or at least cheap flipflops to wear in the water. Lots of broken coral in the water that KILLS your footsies.

Yeah - for the Snorkel Park but not for the other beaches!

Myself and son attended my work's Family Day in 2006 at the Snorkel Park - it was our first time and we agreed that it was the worst fee-paying beach we'd ever been to anywhere in the world (there was an admission price at the time, but I don't know about now - we never went back!).

Snorkel park is for.. well... snorkeling. It had some of the best snorkeling I've ever done, so I loved it. It's not a gorgeous beach like Horseshoe. If I were to pick one or the other, I would definately pick Horseshoe. However, if you have time, and you love snorkeling, GO. Swim out past the rocks and you'll be in for a treat.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't see any pictures attached... but I do have a few I took of Snorkel Park from my trip last August.

Theron

I don't care for the Snorkel Park as a beach. I did not like it. I have to disagree with Diamante. I don't think it is pretty. And with all the wonderful natural beaches on Bermuda like Horseshoe and the many other natural beaches it almost seems a waste to go there. Except to snorkel. Snorkeling is the only reason to go there. If you are not going to snorkel and only want a beach I would skip the Snorkel Park.

I didn't see any pictures attached... but I do have a few I took of Snorkel Park from my trip last August.

Theron

Edited a dup. post.

Every darn year we have these annoying duplicate posts and slow boards on Cruise Critic. I use other boards that use the same software and they never have this issue. I think they need to change whoever they use as their hosting service.

A recently published guidebook said they are now going to charge an admission fee if you bring your own snorkel. Does anyone know if this is true?

If that's true, that make it even less of a desirable place to go since there are better places to snorkel with no fee. Some may like the proximity it affords to the ship but they are missing out on the beautiful beaches Bermuda is known for.

Hi Ivy,

I LOVE Snorkel Park! :) It offers some of the very best snorkeling on the island, a pretty and clean beach, watersports equipment and rentals, beach toys, Hammerhead's Bar & Grill and at night, fun beach parties with live entertainment. It is ideally located at the Royal Naval Dockyard and within walking distance from the cruise ship terminal.

Check out their website to find out more: http://www.snorkelpark.com. I have also attached a few pictures for you.

BUT, you can certainly not compare it to the South Shore Beaches (Horseshoe Bay, Jobson's Cove, Warwick Longbay, etc.), which are a lot bigger/longer and being on South Shore have more waves.

If you have enough time, it is definitely worth a trip to go and see Horseshoe Bay, which is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. However, with children, it might not only be safer but also more relaxing for the parents, if you choose Snorkel Park as your beach destination. ;)

Have a great time in Bermuda!

Diamante73

1247993522_SnorkelParkfromabove(400x300).jpg.f64df0a7493742b8abb8d39e16d80343.jpg

937172251_SnorkelParkPics224.jpg.88ef06eeab309c134cf484176a73a6ee.jpg

1136190836_SnorkelParkPics591.jpg.f36a52e2a8438786f7950f87171ba4c0.jpg

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...
do they (snorkel park) rent snorkel equip also - approx. price??? - thanks

Renting means not having to lug your own equipment, but it does not cost much more to buy your own.

Speedo Adult Adventure Mask, Snorkel & Fin Set $39.99

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23122226&cp=4406646.4413993.19248926.19572776

Aqua Lung Sport Kids' 4-Piece Santa Cruz Snorkel Set $29.99

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19464596&cp=4406646.4413993.19248926.19572776

Renting means not having to lug your own equipment, but it does not cost much more to buy your own.

Speedo Adult Adventure Mask, Snorkel & Fin Set $39.99

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23122226&cp=4406646.4413993.19248926.19572776

Aqua Lung Sport Kids' 4-Piece Santa Cruz Snorkel Set $29.99

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19464596&cp=4406646.4413993.19248926.19572776

.....my wife got really sick towards the tail end of a cruise 2 years ago. She swears it was because the snorkel gear we rented was not sanitized properly.

Now we have our own to bring with us. To lug the little extra for peace of mind far outweighs the alternative.

;)

wasiii

.....my wife got really sick towards the tail end of a cruise 2 years ago. She swears it was because the snorkel gear we rented was not sanitized properly.

Now we have our own to bring with us. To lug the little extra for peace of mind far outweighs the alternative.

;)

wasiii

Good advice to bring your own. Wherever, the snorkel park or elsewhere I would not trust someone else to sanitize the snorkel or the mask. Or the vest either which you might blow some air into. The only snorkel gear I will rent is the fins.

Good advice to bring your own. Wherever, the snorkel park or elsewhere I would not trust someone else to sanitize the snorkel or the mask. Or the vest either which you might blow some air into. The only snorkel gear I will rent is the fins.

.....the snorkel gear I bought last year for us had mask, snorkel and fins.

So we're good to go this year!

:D

wasiii

.....the snorkel gear I bought last year for us had mask, snorkel and fins.

So we're good to go this year!

:D

wasiii

And by buying you have saved money in the long run over renting. The gear lasts a long time. I have had to replace my mask once in 17 years, I still have my first snorkel, vest and fins.

Two years ago I bought a snorkel kit. I went on the higher end because I wanted it to last a long time also.

I brought it to Bermuda...hurricane Leslie was 2 days out and we had to cancel our snorkel excursion and all the beaches were closed due to very high waves and winds....

Brought it to the Caribbean, we had 1 port where we had planned for snorkel..and used it :D

Again we brought it to the Bahamas....GSC was cancelled...no snorkel there either.

2 kits with fins, mask and snorkel ... are getting heavy to carry everywhere and not use them :mad: ...our fins are something like 24 and 26 inches long... So next time to Bermuda we will only bring the snorkel and mask ( I too am not found of my mouth in contact with all those mouths ) and if we need fins...well we will rent them...

Two years ago I bought a snorkel kit. I went on the higher end because I wanted it to last a long time also.

I brought it to Bermuda...hurricane Leslie was 2 days out and we had to cancel our snorkel excursion and all the beaches were closed due to very high waves and winds....

Brought it to the Caribbean, we had 1 port where we had planned for snorkel..and used it :D

Again we brought it to the Bahamas....GSC was cancelled...no snorkel there either.

2 kits with fins, mask and snorkel ... are getting heavy to carry everywhere and not use them :mad: ...our fins are something like 24 and 26 inches long... So next time to Bermuda we will only bring the snorkel and mask ( I too am not found of my mouth in contact with all those mouths ) and if we need fins...well we will rent them...

I stopped packing the fins too. They take up a lot of space, plus you don't always need fins. So I also rent if I need fins. The mask and snorkel don't take up much space plus my current mask has prescription lenses in addition to the sanitary benefit. I used to wear contact lenes under may mask but my doctor told me to stop.

As far as not using them, sure sometimes I have not ended up snorkeling but thinking long term, I have used them a lot over 17 years since I bought my own.

Edited by Charles4515

I used to wear contact lenes under may mask but my doctor told me to stop.

Can I ask why? I've used contacts under my mask and was wondering what your doctor's concerns were.

Thanks!

Can I ask why? I've used contacts under my mask and was wondering what your doctor's concerns were.

Thanks!

Sorry that I was unclear. My doctor told me to stop wearing contacts altogether. Specific to issues with my eyes. That's why I got the lenses for my mask.

Sorry that I was unclear. My doctor told me to stop wearing contacts altogether. Specific to issues with my eyes. That's why I got the lenses for my mask.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. Just to continue this hijack one bit more, how does a Rx mask compare to contact lenses?