Cancelling cruise

dgenn216

Does anybody know royals policy on refunds if u have to cancel?? I was planning on sailing the explorer out of nj in jan and final payment is due in oct. I have out down a little under half, however i just started a new job and i will not be able to travel that soon..who should i contact and will i be refunded? Any help would be greatly appreciated :(

It really is important to keep in mind that final payment dates and penalty dates are not necessarily the same.

On a sailing as far out as the OP's, they will be the same, but on close-in sailings, you may be in penalty the moment you make the deposit.

I guarantee - if the sailing you're buying is closer than two months away, your final payment date is NOT the beginning of penalties.

Does anybody know royals policy on refunds if u have to cancel?? I was planning on sailing the explorer out of nj in jan and final payment is due in oct. I have out down a little under half, however i just started a new job and i will not be able to travel that soon..who should i contact and will i be refunded? Any help would be greatly appreciated :(

We are also cruising in January and our final payment due date is November 4.

Our reservation says that for cancellation after Nov. 4 there is a penalty of $250 per person, after Dec. 14 (30 days prior to sailing) there is a penalty of 50% of the cruise price, and after Jan 5 (1 week prior to sailing) there is a 100% penalty.

It really is important to keep in mind that final payment dates and penalty dates are not necessarily the same.

On a sailing as far out as the OP's, they will be the same, but on close-in sailings, you may be in penalty the moment you make the deposit.

I guarantee - if the sailing you're buying is closer than two months away, your final payment date is NOT the beginning of penalties.

Sorry, but you are mistaken, unless you live in Europe. In Canada and the US penalties do not start until final payment date.

However, some TA's do charge a cancellation fee and it's important to find that information out prior to booking.

If you are making a new booking and closer than 2 months you must pay the complete price upon booking. At best, they will give you 48 hours to pay the balance if you have a good TA.

It's too late for the OP, but always negotiate your vacation when accepting a new job! I got promoted in June, and I immediately asked if my October cruise was going to be OK. Most companies are very reasonable about this. If you aren't eligible for paid vacation (negotiate that too), many companies will let you "borrow ahead" of when you are eligible.

Archived