Christmas Cruise

toasted2

This will be our first cruise ever and it just happens to be at Christmas time. We have no idea what to expect. I have two kids aged 11 & 15 who aren't all that excited about going on a cruise not to mention missing Christmas at home. I was just wondering if there's anyone out there that has been on a Christmas cruise before.

Hi Toasted2 -welcome to cruise critic - we are a friendly bunch who share our passion for cruises, reviews and help out with we can.

which ship are you going on? We are also going on a Christmas cruise on the Pacific Sun. We will be travelling with hubby, daughter (13 1/2), son (15) and myself. The kids were not excited initially but are getting more excited as time goes on - getting there passports was a big deal!!

Check out the roll calls

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=379

There is a roll call for the Pacific Star, Pacific Sun and Pacific Dawn

Cheers Rach

Welcome to CC toasted2:) .(I knew you could do it:p ). As Rach said, we're a friendly bunch and we all have one thing in common.....we love to talk cruising.

I know there are people on here that have been on a Christmas cruise but can't think who. You're gonna have a fab time.

Karen

Hi Rach,

We're cruising on the Pacific Dawn which will leave on the 17th December -

27th December. I've never gone on a forum before and I attempted to go on the roll call but I think I did it wrong - not sure??. A close friend told me about this website and I'm amazed at how much their is to learn about cruising. It's fantastic.

About Christmas Day, "do you know if Santa will be on the ship?"

Rahna

Hi Rach,

We're cruising on the Pacific Dawn which will leave on the 17th December -

27th December. I've never gone on a forum before and I attempted to go on the roll call but I think I did it wrong - not sure??. A close friend told me about this website and I'm amazed at how much their is to learn about cruising. It's fantastic.

About Christmas Day, "do you know if Santa will be on the ship?"

Rahna

Hi Rahna, welcome to CC:)

If you go to Roll call like you did, scroll down and you will see all the Roll calls for cruises on the Pacific Dawn, I had a look and there doesnt look like there is one there yet for your cruise. Above it on the left you will see "new thread" click on that and start one for your cruise!!

Just put in the info you have put here.

You can post and ask questions here, and keep a check on your "Roll call" to see if others have joined your cruise.

I only joined a year ago and had no idea:rolleyes: so dont worry, you will learn as you go along! all forums are different.

You can click on the icons on the right and use them in your text, if someones green light is on it means they are online, I am sure others will help along the way,

Chez

xx

Hi Karen,

I'm amazed at this website!! I'm so looking forward to learning as much as I can so that we can make the most of our cruise.

Thanks for getting me here!

Rahna

That's ok Rahna. Glad you joined. Once you're addicted though, you might not be thanking me:rolleyes: . There goes the housework:p

Karen

Hi Rahna,

Welcome aboard.

I'm on the same cruise as you along with an old army mate of mine.

I started a roll call thread for W739 but it vanished. :eek:

I'll open another one and direct you to it below.

Can't comment much on Christmas cruises, but as for cruising in general it will be what you want it to be.;)

Bring the right "I'm going to have fun" attitude aboard with your luggage and you will have a great time. :) :D

Anyway, heres a link to the new thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=620543

Hi Rahna, welcome to CC:)

If you go to Roll call like you did, scroll down and you will see all the Roll calls for cruises on the Pacific Dawn, I had a look and there doesnt look like there is one there yet for your cruise. Above it on the left you will see "new thread" click on that and start one for your cruise!!

Hi Chez,

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go.:)

Rahna

Hi Rahna,

Welcome aboard.

I'm on the same cruise as you along with an old army mate of mine.

I started a roll call thread for W739 but it vanished. :eek:

I'll open another one and direct you to it below.

Can't comment much on Christmas cruises, but as for cruising in general it will be what you want it to be.;)

Bring the right "I'm going to have fun" attitude aboard with your luggage and you will have a great time. :) :D

Anyway, heres a link to the new thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=620543

Hi Dennis,

It's good to hear my family and I aren't the only ones on this cruise. I started to get worried.

Rahna

That's ok Rahna. Glad you joined. Once you're addicted though, you might not be thanking me:rolleyes: . There goes the housework:p

Karen

Hi Karen,

Housework.. I'm at work and still trying to figure out how to do this properly. I logged myself out by accident and couldn't remember the web address. Blonde moment!

I'll have to log out before my boss gets here but I want to get used to this thing first.

You were right. These people are great and very helpful.

Rahna

Hi Dennis,

It's good to hear my family and I aren't the only ones on this cruise. I started to get worried.

Rahna

:) :D

I was beginning to think the same thing myself.

I started the roll call thread some time back and apart from a comment or two from my mate and myself nothing else happened.

Then it vanished.:eek:

I was conjuring up images of the 4 of us being the only passengers on this big wonderful white ship. ;)

Dennis, I found your Roll call thread!! I always though ours kept dissappearing too, but if they are unused hey go into hiding;)

Go back to the Dawn roll call, scroll down to User options, click on the dropdown, and you will see you can search for days, I put in beginning andthere yours was!

Good luck:)

Chez

xx

Hi there!!

A big welcome from me. I will be on a Christmas cruise as well, the Golden Princess doing the Mexican Riviera. I have to find a present to take for my partner, plus a little one for my cabin steward, another for Annie who is shore ex manager (she was on the Pacific Sky)...I don't know how much space I will have left in my suitcase for clothes!!!:eek:

My roll call only has 4 people on it too! But...I have gotten to know them through CC, and I'm looking forward to meeting other cc ers on my cruise.

Hope you have a great time....oh yeah...Santa usually makes an appearance too.

Kaz

Nice to meet you Kaz,

Wow, the Mexican Riviera. That would be awesome!

Those mexicans do know how to party!

Rahna

:) :D

I was beginning to think the same thing myself.

I started the roll call thread some time back and apart from a comment or two from my mate and myself nothing else happened.

Then it vanished.:eek:

I was conjuring up images of the 4 of us being the only passengers on this big wonderful white ship. ;)

Hi Dennis,

Just out of curiosity, do you know if any of the suites where available when you booked your cruise? I was told they were all booked out when I first booked my cruise back in November 2006. I'm not sure how it all works with room allocations and stuff.

I was hoping to upgrade and if there's only eight of us on the cruise I'm sure there should be a suite available.

Rahna

Dennis, I found your Roll call thread!! I always though ours kept dissappearing too, but if they are unused hey go into hiding;)

Go back to the Dawn roll call, scroll down to User options, click on the dropdown, and you will see you can search for days, I put in beginning andthere yours was!

Good luck:)

Chez

xx

Hey thanks Chez.

It found it way down at the bottom of the ocean:)

Rahna - I have resurrected it if you want to go and say hello on it.

Hey thanks Chez.

It found it way down at the bottom of the ocean:)

Rahna - I have resurrected it if you want to go and say hello on it.

Dennis,

Oops, I thought I did already.

I'm only new at this whole thing. I'll try again.

Rahna

I was hoping to upgrade and if there's only eight of us on the cruise I'm sure there should be a suite available.

Rahna

Don't forget Santa.

Seriously it's probably getting full by now.

You could give it a try.

We have booked a verandah cabin on B deck - looking forward to watching the sunsets with some sort of cold liquid refreshement at hand. :D :)

I wish I was a kid again and being taken on a Christmas Cruise.

They will have a great time.The staff go out of their way to make it special.We did a Christmas Cruise on Pacific Princess and while it was a much smaller ship, the children had lots of fun.

Don't forget to pack Santa Hats and some decorations for your door and cabin . Just small ones that are easy to pack and will give the festive spirit.

On our cruise they had a Carol service on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day, Santa and the Captain visited the children.

Each ship will of course do their own thing.Here are a few pics from that cruise.

The Poolside Carol Service

2005860540330506496_rs.jpg

Christmas Day with Santa and the Captain

2005848703062395112_rs.jpg

Santa at Willis Island.

2005893761858730169_rs.jpg

Hi David,

Those photos are great. I never thought to pack santa hats & decorations. Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely do that.

Valparaiso to Rio cruise wow!! My husband is Chilean and we visited Valparaiso when in Chile a couple of years ago. Beautiful seafood!!

Rahna

Don't forget Santa.

Seriously it's probably getting full by now.

You could give it a try.

We have booked a verandah cabin on B deck - looking forward to watching the sunsets with some sort of cold liquid refreshement at hand. :D :)

Hi Dennis,

Yes, I'm jealous. But I suppose I have to earn my way up to B Deck. I think we're on DD Caribee Deck (something like that).

We do have a window at least. I wouldn't know how to get our room upgraded anyway. I'll just settle for the window this time.

Rahna

Hi Rahna & welcome to the wonderful world of Cruise Critic! I do hope Karen has warned you not to take a dip in the Carnival waters :p ;)

I've always wanted to do a Xmas cruise (so I can avoid the family arguments & ever present judging from the outlaws) but hubby likes to see them so what can one do? :p

Hi Rahna & welcome to the wonderful world of Cruise Critic! I do hope Karen has warned you not to take a dip in the Carnival waters :p ;)

I've always wanted to do a Xmas cruise (so I can avoid the family arguments & ever present judging from the outlaws) but hubby likes to see them so what can one do? :p

Hi Jo,

Carnival Waters, where are they? Not sure if my cruise is going there, but then again I'm not 100% sure where my cruise is going.

Family arguments and the outlaws - exactly one of the reasons I choose the Christmas cruise. I come from a large family and it's always a stressful time. One of my sisters did a Hawaiian cruise last Christmas so I figured this year it's mine turn. One of my other sisters will be in South America for Christmas. We're all getting to that age in our lives where we are moving on with our own immediate families. It's hard for mum & dad but I did invite them to join us on this cruise.

Rahna

Rahna,

I did a quick search and came up with a couple of old reviews from other members who did Xmas cruises :)

Enjoy :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=474787&highlight=christmas+review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=459318&highlight=christmas+review

Jo,

Those reviews were great. Lots of helpful hints and information. I'm starting to feel a little more at peace about the whole cruise thing. You all seem to love cruising so much that I'm starting to get more excited about my cruise.

Rahna

Archived