Port of Miami rental car drop off Passengers?

ackpth

With the current security measures, will I be able to drop off my family at the pier PRIOR to returning my rental car to the airport. (I will be using the rental car shuttle to get back to the port, but didnt want all 4 of us with luggage in tow, to fill up the shuttle.)

also, if anyone knows, is there a FEE to get to the pier ?

thanks,

Ackpth

Are you going to return the rental back to the Airport the same day???? We rented a car last time and dropped it off at a hotel near the dock. Small cab fee to ship. I'm not quite sure but I think the airport is about 25 minutes away from the pier. I wish I could remember who had rental drop off at the hotel. To get back to the ship you would have to take a cab or a bus transfer from Carnival. Unless they have changed their policy I didn't know that they would shuttle you back.

All you need to do is to call the car rental agency on their 800# and ask.

Since you are the customer dropping off the car, they will shuttle you back. The question is, how frequent are the shuttles? You need to ask.

The hotel near the pier is not that near.It is avis and they are in the Holiday inn South beach,Miami.

Just return the car to the airport and take the shuttle which leaves every 20 minutes unless you tip the driver.(and another shuttle is there)

Steve

I am renting from Budget and returning the car to the Sheraton Biscayne Bay on Brickell Ave. According to Yahoo maps, this is very close to the port so I figure the cab ride will be short (and cheap) if Budget doesn't have a shuttle.

Yes, you can drop your family and luggage off at the pier then drop off your rental car. Your family cant register to go onboard without you. THey have to wait til you get back.

The shuttle to the airport is free. I am told the alamo from the hotel is free. Not sure what others it does.

Archived