Favorite Food In Dining Room ???

brwneyez424

Hi Everyone

I'm going on my first cruise with Princess in less then one month. I would really like to know what your favorite food in the dining room is so I don't miss out on anyhing :) Please help this will also help me decide which nites I want to do the specialty restaurants. :)

Sue

I am personally fond of the pasta farfalla. If you like steak, I recommend the sterling steak house. Costs you $15, but it is worth it. Sabitini's costs $20 and it good, but I am not a fan of seafood pasta. The tiramisu is excellent.

I have found most of the food on Princess pretty good. We actually got the cook book and have made a number of the dishes at home.

If you're a soup lover, the French Onion soup is excellent. Almost as good as what I make at home. Steaks are so-so but edible. I much prefer the filet mignon to the strip loins. Beef wellington also very good. Never been to the Crown grill but I'm thinking of trying it on our next cruise. Is the steak really worth the $25 surcharge?

I am personally fond of the pasta farfalla. If you like steak, I recommend the sterling steak house. Costs you $15, but it is worth it. Sabitini's costs $20 and it good, but I am not a fan of seafood pasta. The tiramisu is excellent.

I have found most of the food on Princess pretty good. We actually got the cook book and have made a number of the dishes at home.

There are just so many good things! No special order!

1.) Lobster tails

2.) Alaska King Crab legs

3.) Escargot (I always have at least two orders.)

4.) Pasta dishes (The many good choices.)

5.) Hard (white bread) rolls & butter!

6.) Most of the hot soups and a couple of the cold ones.

7.) Beef Tornadoes — Med. Rare

8.) Steaks (left menu) Med. Rare

9.) Some of the great appetizers (To include the Shrimp cocktail on left menu)

10. The desserts, especially the ice cream choices. (The ability to make your own Sunday.)

Hmmmm ... 17 more days and I'll be having the above, for 19 Days! ;)

Also here:

Go here..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=496045&highlight=favorite+food

Will be seeing you in 17 days--like most everything that you do

ice cream is so creamy--the best

must have a small dish of Alfredo to start

Tournedos--lots of times

We have enough sea days to go to the dining room at lunch--for more ice cream

You scare me when you say 17 days--it's here--I was just trying on formal dresses--think we have 3 formal nights--lucky for me found three I could get on

This is easy for us--port about 15 minutes away--no weighing luggage--etc.

Hope to see you aboard

Nancy:D

I think I answer this question different every time it's asked, but I think I usually do mention that the risotto is one of my favorites. It's not on the 7 day menus, though, so you have to travel at least 10 days to get it.

I also like the grilled vegetable salad with just a bit of the honey mustard dressing. It's on the 7 day menus.

I think Princess does a good job with lamb and with the chilled soups, too.

Hi Everyone

I'm going on my first cruise with Princess in less then one month. I would really like to know what your favorite food in the dining room is so I don't miss out on anyhing

Not being a big meat eater... I really enjoy the pasta dishes on the Princess lines. Most are tasty and the pasta is fixed nice and firm... or "AL DENTE" as they say. when a good pasta dish is not available, I usually fall back on the fish. Normally the fish is good, sometimes great, just depending on the type of fish, and the sauce they use.

On the Island Princess I loved the different ice creams and frozen yoghurts (usually only available at lunch in the dining room). The Love Boat Dream, which is always on the menu, is not to be missed if you love dark chocolate. The major thing that was a disappointment to me was the souffles. I heard one woman call them "wet bread", so I had to see for myself of course. Sure enough, "wet bread"! Really undercooked. I also disliked most of the fish dishes, even though I usually really love fish and can't get enough of it. But there are so many other things to chose from.

Archived