HELP!!! - Suggestions to obtain early seating.

alliesma

My Dad just called me. We have booked a cruise on Radiance of the Seas in Alaska next July (over 10 months from now). My parents have decided to join us and my Dad made his reservation last night. We have early seating and with 2 children and a significant time zone change I do not think that late seating will be wise for us (but an option we may need to consider). Anyway, my parents have been informed that they can not have early seating and can not sit with us. They must go on an already overbooked waitlist!!! My Dad tried C&A (as they are loyal Platinum members) and also got in touch with someone from corporate (he was referred there by the reservation people) but to no avail. It seems crazy to me that we can not all arrange to sit together when booking this far out. He is ready to cancel the cruise. I asked him to wait a few days to see if we can figure something out. Has anyone had experience with the seating opening up? Does anyone know of a way to get around this? We have only cruised with my parents and the dining room has been the time we all enjoyed together the most. I know we can go to the Windjammer but it is not the same. Late dining is an option but a concern with the kids and when spending the amount of money we are, who wants to be worried if the kids will last until dinner. Suggestions please!!!!!

Early seating always books up before late seating. I am wait listed for early seating on Disney for Oct 08 and I booked months ago. Princess same way, harder to get early seating.

What you can do if your Dad doesnt move up enough on the waitlist is to go to the maitre d' the minute you board and ask that his seating be changed.

My Dad just called me. We have booked a cruise on Radiance of the Seas in Alaska next July (over 10 months from now). My parents have decided to join us and my Dad made his reservation last night. We have early seating and with 2 children and a significant time zone change I do not think that late seating will be wise for us (but an option we may need to consider). Anyway, my parents have been informed that they can not have early seating and can not sit with us. They must go on an already overbooked waitlist!!! My Dad tried C&A (as they are loyal Platinum members) and also got in touch with someone from corporate (he was referred there by the reservation people) but to no avail. It seems crazy to me that we can not all arrange to sit together when booking this far out. He is ready to cancel the cruise. I asked him to wait a few days to see if we can figure something out. Has anyone had experience with the seating opening up? Does anyone know of a way to get around this? We have only cruised with my parents and the dining room has been the time we all enjoyed together the most. I know we can go to the Windjammer but it is not the same. Late dining is an option but a concern with the kids and when spending the amount of money we are, who wants to be worried if the kids will last until dinner. Suggestions please!!!!!

I would not give up your early seating. Wait it out and see if it can be changed right up until the last minute. Many people cancel or change their minds late into the reservation.

It may be less stress on you to get two people moved up to early seating than to worry about your little ones at late seating. ;)

Tell your dad to stay on the waitlist. This far out chances are he will get moved up well before sailing. If not, go to the dining room as soon as you get on the ship and get it straightened out then. It really shouldn't be a problem!

It probably wouldn't hurt to continue to call and check on it weekly or so. But none of you should be stressing over it! Relax! I'm sure things will fall into place.

I know it seems stressful now not knowing, but when you get on board, go directly to the dining room and explain your situation. Almost 100% of the time they can accomodate you by the next night. We were booked for an early seating and they wouldn't change us to the late before we left. We were advised to go to the dining room and put in a request. The first night we were seated at a very large group table since we had missed the early seating. The next night we were assigned to our table (with 6 others) for the rest of the cruise. They really do try to accommodate you. I am sure there are several others on your cruise who are booked on early who would love to switch to late.

Good luck!!

I would agree that if your dad doesn't get moved to early seating before the cruise chances are good that once you board the ship and go to the dining room it will probably get straightened out. Try not to stress about this as it impacts on your cruise and it will probably all work out. Have fun and enjoy your cruise and make lots of family memories!!

Make sure your reservation numbers are linked, we just had the same issues we all booked in January for Thanksgiving cruise (4 cabins) and then after the fact my parents booked and could not get early seating, our travel agent told them they were on a waitlist and then last week when I talked to C&A found out they had never been put on the waitlist, we got them put on the waitlist for first seating and within 5 days there reservation showed they were changed to 1st seating, now I'm just hoping we are all at the same table:confused:

Seating opened up for us closer to the final payment date. We (four of us) booked this past Jan for our Aug. cruise on Serenade of the Seas/Alaska, and the early seating was already full so we got put on the wait list. Another couple joining us made their reservation separately, linked their reservation to ours, and also asked to be on the wait list for early seating. Sometime between Jan. and final payment, we got early seating. There was some confusion on making sure the other couple also got early seating (the short story is their boarding docs said late seating but actually they were on early seating), but after some calls, we straightened it out, and we were all assigned to the same table, early seating.

Agree with the others...they will probably be moved, and if not would speak to the maitre d' after boarding.

Is there any medical reason your parents might require early seating? On our first cruise, I had a medical condition and recent surgery that prohibited me from eating a meal within a few hours of sleeping. Since I am naturally an early riser (and thus relatively early to bed), late seating was just not an option. Even though I booked quite a time in advance, we were still put on a waitlist for early. I was ready to cancel our cruise, but was told by customer service that if my MD provided proof, switching to early would not be any problem. When I called a few weeks later to find out where to have my physician fax a note explaining, they informed me I had already been moved to early.

Good luck and hope you have a lovely cruise together.

Thanks for all of the replys and positive info. I think I have convinced my Dad to not cancel their reservation and keep our fingers crossed. We will keep calling and checking. Our reservations are already linked. If my parents do not get moved before the cruise we will go directly to the maitre'd when we board. If we can not get it worked out we will plan to switch to late seating and hope for the best. Cruising together and not being able to dine together really is not an option for us. If just amazes me that he would have to be wait listed when booking more than 10 months in advance!!!

Allie I agree with you, if your TA has the names, then he/she sould be able to get you assigned at same table, by linking your reservations. Can't be that difficult. Several of us from our Roll Call are going to the Old Lahaina Luau and calling in separately, when I called OLL regarding this, they said no problem, just have the people ask to be linked with my husbands & my reservations. This is a Luau and they are doing it, so a Cruise lines should. We now have 15 assigned to two tables.

As previously posted, you will probably be able to arrange it all once onboard.

But, thinking the other direction....how old are your children and what time to you normally eat at home? We switched to late seating after our first cruise to give ourselves more time in the ports. We still continue late seating even with our son. He is now 5, but has cruised with us since he was 9 months old. Obviously, we were still able to use the afternoon nap to help with the sleeping (although I do have pictures of him sleeping at the table at 18 months! The waiters will make up nice "pillows" out of napkins for you:p ) Now, there are many evenings that he wants to go to Adventure Ocean and he ends up with pizza or a hot dog in the cabin while we're getting ready for dinner.

Hard to believe early seating is booked already. Maybe there is a large "group" on this sailing and it has taken up a big chunk of Main Seating or maybe RCCL is going to institute a third dining option, anytime/freestyle.

Google your cruise and you might be able to find out if there is a big group cruise during your sailing.

Good Luck!!!!!

We booked a cruise with my parents, even had the reservations linked and were still assigned to separate tables. Once we discovered this on the first afternoon, we went to the maitre d' and calmly explained the situation. He found us a table immediately. AFTER accommodating us, I slipped him a $20 (which he tried to refuse.)

One of the main reasons we have chosen Early dining, are for the shows, which start around 8 PM. We are also early diners, plus it leaves rest of evening to do other things, sit around and listen to the music trivia in the Atrium lounge near the dining room,on Princess, or whatever. All that said, their are enough options to suit everyones preferances.

The first good thing is that you have the reservation numbers linked. Next I would try & find out the fax number of the dining room administrator for the Radiance in Miami(call C&A) & fax your request asap. This person is the one who coordinates the tables before hand. Last resort & very helpful is going to see the Maitre D' as soon as you checked out your table. As soon as you get your sea pass cards check your table number printed on the front. Good Luck hope all works out.

Hard to believe early seating is booked already. Maybe there is a large "group" on this sailing and it has taken up a big chunk of Main Seating or maybe RCCL is going to institute a third dining option, anytime/freestyle.

Google your cruise and you might be able to find out if there is a big group cruise during your sailing.

Good Luck!!!!!

http://www.shoretrips.com/

Just click on Groups in the choices across the top when it opens.

The dates are not in order so you will have to scan them all. ;)

I think it is easier to go down the right and look for the name of your ship, then look at the date.

You have plenty of time I would just wait it out for a while on the waiting list.

My Fiance and I went on a cruise last year and were given late seating and I put us on the list for early and a month or two after I did it we were changed to early.

People change there minds and also cancel reservation which will open up seating.

http://www.shoretrips.com/

Just click on Groups in the choices across the top when it opens.

The dates are not in order so you will have to scan them all. ;)

I think it is easier to go down the right and look for the name of your ship, then look at the date.

You can sort them by ship by clicking on the header above the ships names. That way you only have to scroll down to the ship name and you can see all of the dates for that particular ship. :)

Archived