$200 between Balcony and Interior. Worth?

cheapsale

ok do you guys think that $360 total difference between and OV and a balcony is worth the upgrade on a 7 night cruise to the caribbean? i'm tempted and my parents are paying for the cruise but we would have to foot the $360 to upgrade our room. . so just wondering if we should. . moneys tight but my husband is very pickey and loves the more luxurious/fancy hotels, etc. . so was thinking the balcony might help him enjoy it better since this is his first cruise. . let me know your opinions. Thanks.. plus my parents and sister and her husband all have interiors so I don't know how they would feel either.

We get a balcony and love it! I order coffee and a roll for in the morning for my DW and she will sit out on the balcony and read, watch the water and have her coffee. I will go down below and have a breakfast and return and sit out with her also. I love the sounds of the waves and enjoy the breeze while sitting in our own little area of privacy. We don't spend a lot of time on deck and around the pool.

If we could not afford a balcony we would not cruise, but wait until we could again afford one. A balcony or veranda means that much to us.

Balcony vs. inside cabin. Its like comparing a color TV to a B&W TV. Shrimp to lobster. A cruise to Adventureland. Similar but just not the same!

Don

I have stayed in most types of cabins. I would prefer a suite, but we can't always have what we want. In the very least I would have to book an OV. I love to sit and watch the water at night, it is so beatuiful. An interior is great if you want to sleep all day, many times I have woken up saying what time is it. On our last cruise we had a suite, boy was that nice, but we really only used the balcony. It is a personal choice. Have a great cruise!

my husband is very pickey and loves the more luxurious/fancy hotels,

Get the balcony. I feel the same way as your dh.

We're comfortable in real life. We have a nice, but not fancy or luxurious house. We're not rich and need to work.

When we travel, I like to have the most luxurious accomodations we can afford. I like to feel richer than I really am. :D This is the only time it's possible.

I can't justify the cost of a suite, but I will always book a balcony and hope the upgrade fairy smiles on us. If not, I'm very happy with a balcony.

Your parents and your sister have the same option of upgrading as you do. If they chose not to, please don't deprive your DH and yourself just to appease them.

Have a wonderful cruise!

ok I am actually going to upgrade to a balcony today . . thanks for the advice. . I want him to enjoy the vacation and he is one to be in the room alot since he isn't very thrilled of going anyway so I want him to have a nice place to relax and the balcony will be perfect for him. Thanks again!

Good for you!! DH will love it and you will too.

Got my balcony room!! Thanks for making this thread cause it helped me make the decision to switch from an OV which had been driving me nuts for weeks. We will be on the Empress deck towards the back of the ship/more midship than aft. (only did a 1 category past guest upgrade instead of the 2)

I'm so excited!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, it's 200USD difference per pax. Is it worth it to pay for balcony? or should I use it for land excursion.... pls advice. I'm going on carnival pride to mexican riveria...

tks for your advice.

Where are you cheapsale? ..:confused:

Aren't you curious on what the posters had to say?

;)

:D

Tks for all your feedback and advice. As there are 6 of us, sis and hubby, me and hubby, and my parents.

We conclude that we book a balcony for my parents as dad loves to watch sunrise... for me and sis we decide to save some $$ and got the inner room. if we want a cuppa will go knock on parents rooms :) Moreoever, we usually are out or sleep till late, surely will missed sun rise.

Archived