Private yacht charter recommendations for Great Barrier Reef?

Dagny

I am considering chartering a crewed yacht, sail or power, to take my husband and I around the islands of the Great Barrier Reef next year. Has anyone done this or have any information/recommendations to offer?

Cheers :)

I do not have information about private yachts in that area - but I am sure they are plentiful.

In doing some research for a voyage in that area I did run across a new company called Orion - the ship looks almost exactly like a SeaDream yacht - and holds 106 people. I thought that the prices looked very reasonable as well for a luxury experience. http://www.orioncruises.com.au/savingseventsbookings/forms

I do not have information about private yachts in that area - but I am sure they are plentiful.

In doing some research for a voyage in that area I did run across a new company called Orion - the ship looks almost exactly like a SeaDream yacht - and holds 106 people. I thought that the prices looked very reasonable as well for a luxury experience. http://www.orioncruises.com.au/savingseventsbookings/forms

Thanks so much for the info, surfklutz! It is not quite what I had in mind, though, as I want the yacht all to ourselves with our own itinerary we can adapt as we go.

BTW, I surf too - cheers :)

I spoke with the firm that is the global leader in yacht brokering and they are taking care of everything. CC is really not the right place to seek information on this kind of rarefied cruising; but that's ok, I've got two comparatively lower-end cruises to research so it's off to the Silverseas board. Thanks to the two who supplied advice - cheers :)

• 2 months later...

Just a thought, but you might want to check out http://www.prosail.com.au/vessels-style-view.php?view=18

I went on a cheap, backpacker style trip with this company and they were very well organized with beautiful ships. I guess they offer one specifically for full charters which might be upscale enough for your expectations. It looks beautiful!

• 11 months later...
I spoke with the firm that is the global leader in yacht brokering and they are taking care of everything. CC is really not the right place to seek information on this kind of rarefied cruising; but that's ok, I've got two comparatively lower-end cruises to research so it's off to the Silverseas board. Thanks to the two who supplied advice - cheers :)

Silverseas is low end?

Archived