explorer to bermuda

Lefty1

have a couple of questions to bermuda on explorer - where it docks i hear is not a pretty site, but are beach close near the kings warf. can someone recommend a good beach - we are booking next august 08 - my brother in law its his first cruise so we are leaving from nj only going 5 days but its a start as he is afraid of getting sick. any pictures of room cabins would help so i can show him they are really not that small -- looking at a room w/balcony. as it is 5 days, is there a midnight buffet offered?

has anyone ever driven to cape liberty and left car there - is it a good idea or should we get limo? any other good advice we would love to know about. planning to book the 8/23/08 cruise

thanks again for all your help

have a couple of questions to bermuda on explorer - where it docks i hear is not a pretty site, but are beach close near the kings warf. can someone recommend a good beach. Has anyone ever driven to cape liberty and left car there - is it a good idea or should we get limo?

Horseshoe Bay is the best public beach in Bermuda. You can get there by bus or cab. You can drive and park at Cape Liberty Cruise Port. Parking fees are $16.00 per day.

have a couple of questions to bermuda on explorer - where it docks i hear is not a pretty site, but are beach close near the kings warf. can someone recommend a good beach - we are booking next august 08 - my brother in law its his first cruise so we are leaving from nj only going 5 days but its a start as he is afraid of getting sick. any pictures of room cabins would help so i can show him they are really not that small -- looking at a room w/balcony. as it is 5 days, is there a midnight buffet offered?

has anyone ever driven to cape liberty and left car there - is it a good idea or should we get limo? any other good advice we would love to know about. planning to book the 8/23/08 cruise

Lefty1

Suggest you go to allthings explorer of seas thread, you will get all the information you need plus loads of pictures. There are over 7000 posts so it will take you a while to read it all.

Dick

Kings Wharf, also known as the Dockyard, is very attractive in itself. There is a Martime Museum, small beach, a very nice art gallery, Dolphin swim and many shops and a pub. The # 7 bus goes to Horseshoe beach, about a 20 minute ride. You can purchase a transportation pass good for 2 days and for both buses and ferries for $20 pp on board the ship so you are all set when you arrive. Besides going to Horsesho Beach, I suggest taking the "fast" ferry to St. George's on your second day there. Both the ferry dock and bus stop are right at the Dockyard. The "fast" ferry goes at 9 AM and arrives in 35 minutes. Later ferries take almost an hour. You can take a bus from there to Hamilton and the ferry from Hamilton back to Kings Wharf. That ferry ride is about 20 minutes. You should be able to get bus and ferry schedules on the ship when you you purchase transportation passes. Be aware that taxis in Bermuda are VERY expensive; buses and ferries are the way to do.

We took this cruise last year and it was wonderful. Please click on the link in my signature for pictures of the ship and Bermuda. The King's Wharf area where you dock is very pretty with the fort, and shops. We left our car and it was very safe and it is 16$ per day. There are pictures of an E2 balcony cabin on the link. Any other questions just ask.

Sue

We just got off Explorer. Its not that area where you dock is not nice,there is just not much there. There is a small mall and a few places to eat,but that is it. We took a taxi to Horsehoe Bay $40 and loved it.

We just got off Explorer. Its not that area where you dock is not nice,there is just not much there. There is a small mall and a few places to eat,but that is it. We took a taxi to Horsehoe Bay $40 and loved it.

I think you missed a lot. In addition to the little mall and restaurants there is the fort and Maritime Museum and the snorkel park as well as a nice craft market. We spent a long afternoon tour through things and didn't have enough time.

Archived