Left over wine

mikishel

I like wine with dinner. DH doesn't partake. I can't drink the entire bottle and usually save some for the next night. How do you do that with freestyle cruising? Do you then have to make sure you go to the same restaurant the next night to retrieve your bottle?

You tell your waiter to have the wine steward save it for the following night. They will mark the bottle, and the next evening just tell you waiter you have a bottle stored for you, and give them you cabin number (you probably should also save the receipt). I've done this on almost every cruise, and there was never any problem.;)

I like wine with dinner. DH doesn't partake. I can't drink the entire bottle and usually save some for the next night. How do you do that with freestyle cruising? Do you then have to make sure you go to the same restaurant the next night to retrieve your bottle?

My wife did this a few times when we were on the Dawn.

Just speak to the Waiter and he or she will have you fill out a form. When you arrive at any restaurant the next night, give the waiter the slip and he or she will go and get it for you.

Not a problem even if you go to a different venue. They will put a tag on it and place it a central location. Just tell your waiter and they will get it for you.

Thanks for the quick reply. Makes sense. I think I will go have a glass right now.

Be sure to get your receipt from waiter/waitress and be sure to bring it with you to the next restaurant. Much easier for them to identify your wine:)

You can also bring it back to your cabin if you like.

Just a slight correction to Thom's post. NCL no longer has wine stewards.

You will deal with your waiter for storage of your leftover wine. They will give you claim ticket (similar to a coat check ticket) that you will present to your waiter the next evening no matter where you dine.

John

Archived