Victory or Triumph in May '08

cruise1985

I've only been on one cruise before, the Fascination in Jan. I'm dying to go again. I'm debating between the Victory and the Triumph for early May'08. Prices are about the same. The only difference in ports is that Victory goes to Costa Maya and Triumph goes to Cozumel, they both go to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. I've been to Cozumel before (and loved it). It will be myself and bf traveling, both in our 20s. What are the differences between these two ships? Any recommendations from personal experience? THANKS!!

I've only been on one cruise before, the Fascination in Jan. I'm dying to go again. I'm debating between the Victory and the Triumph for early May'08. Prices are about the same. The only difference in ports is that Victory goes to Costa Maya and Triumph goes to Cozumel, they both go to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. I've been to Cozumel before (and loved it). It will be myself and bf traveling, both in our 20s. What are the differences between these two ships? Any recommendations from personal experience? THANKS!!

Stay away from Victory

Its aweful

Victory is BEAUTIFUL. She will have a movie screen by then also. I enjoyed the Victory and I am 40yo and would travel on her again. The only thing that I had to get used to was the galley is in the middle of the dining rooms. Pacific was on one end and the Atlantic was on the other. I saw a lot of 20 somethings and they seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely;) .

Victory is BEAUTIFUL. She will have a movie screen by then also. I enjoyed the Victory and I am 40yo and would travel on her again. The only thing that I had to get used to was the galley is in the middle of the dining rooms. Pacific was on one end and the Atlantic was on the other. I saw a lot of 20 somethings and they seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely;) .

To each his own

It was gawdy and dirty and smelly in July

Just got off the Victory in July. She looks a little tired, but is going into dry dock so she should be nice as new. The only thing I didn't care for was the narrow halls and dead ends. She was a little difficult to maneuver but as my first Carnival cruise I enjoyed it:)

I wouldn't count on making it to Costa Maya as they have so many repairs to do that it is doubtful they will be up and running at that point (first they said 6 months, now it's a year, so who knows really). Anyway, just wanted to throw that in there in case that is a deciding factor for you.

Archived