How do I keep my Crocs like new ??

golfnkitties

Just bought my first Crocs, one pair of Turquoise Beach ones, and a pair of Blueberry Swirl Mary Janes. My DH picked out the Mary Janes, for me, not himself ! We had to go down to the Strip to the Fashion Show Mall for other things, which meant alot of walking. I put my Mary Janes on immediately and couldn't believe the wonderful comfort ! :cool:

Thank you, thank you, thank you all the gals here who love them ! I have seen folks wearing these funny shoes and thought, "No way, Not Me ! " but I am now a believer, after less than 24 hours ! :D:D

I do remember reading something about cleaning my Crocs, but don't know where or if even on here, so if anyone knows some secrets, please let me know ! Thanks. :):)

Just bought my first Crocs, one pair of Turquoise Beach ones, and a pair of Blueberry Swirl Mary Janes. My DH picked out the Mary Janes, for me, not himself ! We had to go down to the Strip to the Fashion Show Mall for other things, which meant alot of walking. I put my Mary Janes on immediately and couldn't believe the wonderful comfort ! :cool:

Thank you, thank you, thank you all the gals here who love them ! I have seen folks wearing these funny shoes and thought, "No way, Not Me ! " but I am now a believer, after less than 24 hours ! :D:D

I do remember reading something about cleaning my Crocs, but don't know where or if even on here, so if anyone knows some secrets, please let me know ! Thanks. :):)

Wash with soap and water, add a dab of bleach if you think necessary, and polish with Armor All, the car-cleaning stuff.

we've been wearing Crocs for 4+ years and have used nothing but Armorall on them--this was recommended by the company when we bought our first pair. I see that they now sell something called "Croc Butter" for cleaning them but we've had no problems with the armorall.

I use the Croc Butter that I ordered direct from Crocs with one of my shoe orders. It is a pre-moistened sponge type material that comes in a cute plastic box. Take the lid off and rub the sponge over the whole top of the shoe after you have washed them with soap and water, (never do the bottom, due to slippage with any product other than soap and water) and your shoes look like new. Lasts forever. And so easy.....no other rags, sponges, towels, bottles, etc. needed. gg

The Armorall is a good tip, thank you. I have been using one of those shoe shine sponges from the shoe dept at Target. It's similar to the Crocs butter, but cheaper.

I am also one of those who thought Crocs were ugly...but fell in love the minute I put a pair on my feet. They're a lifesaver for my post-surgery knee.

The Armorall is a good tip, thank you. I have been using one of those shoe shine sponges from the shoe dept at Target. It's similar to the Crocs butter, but cheaper.

I am also one of those who thought Crocs were ugly...but fell in love the minute I put a pair on my feet. They're a lifesaver for my post-surgery knee.

Terra - thank you so much for the Target rec. of the shoe sponge for our Crocs. If this one finally bites the dust, no pun intended, :D , that is where I will go for a new one. I love Target so much.....great things at a super price. gg

Thanks for all the great answers ! Now another question ~~~I read someone say that you have to break them in ? ? How ??

Am sailing in 38 days and hope to take all 3 pairs, broken in ? :confused:

Just wear them.......your feet should feel great immediately. I wear the strap over the top of my foot, like mules, but if you wear it behind your heel and it feels tight, you can stretch it out a bit and it will retain that position because "it has a memory". Go to www.crocs.com and you will see the tips. gg

I wash mine in my washing machine. Seems perfectly fine. Obviously on 'hand wash' setting. I also wear Okabashi shoes and h
I wash my daughter's Crocs in the machine, too. Never put them in the dryer, of course. They come out like new! I will have to try the Armourall wipes. What a great tip!

Penny, you sound like me. I wash shoes all the time in the machine (Pumas, Van's, Converse, etc) and then let them air dry. I can't STAND dirty shoes and with a 4 yo - there are always some around. It's amazing how great they look after months of washing.

• 3 months later...

Needed to wash the liners and really had to struggle, suffer, moan and groan and belly ache for 1/2 per shoe to remove the liner, but they did wash beautifully in washer and came out looking like new. :D

Just a suggestion --- throw the whole thing, croc and liner in the machine rather than just the liner. You'll save a ton of stress !:D

:D Hey, here's something different - and I'm not is sales nor am I being paid to post this.

I mentioned this on the other crocs thread. Has anyone heard of Vibram Five Fingers? I was just about to pick up a pair of crocs for myself when I stumbled onto this innovative new shoe.

It's made for folks that want the natural feel and exquisite feedback of going barefoot but would rather not deal with ground hazards or "no shoes" restrictions. Five Fingers make crocs look like Jimmy Choos - which is to say, they're not especially attractive - but they do draw attention. The shoe offers absolutely no support, but if you're going for the barefoot effect you're not looking for support anyway.

I wore these all last summer and, as soon as the weather breaks, I'll be stepping right back in. This shoe feels like you're wearing nothing at all. This is all I'll be wearing when I sail except for formal night or trips to the club.

Repsol

sand.jpg.a977e09144762a6700f0a48b6b5ab354.jpg

red.jpg.aa67967a58bf538131ce542923faa55e.jpg

Chloe 68,

Lighten up, you have the right to your opinion yes, but if you don't like them, you certainly don't have to wear them. But that doesn't mean that everyone else should follow suit to your opinion of them. :cool:

hahaha! I love cc.com.......u take this stuff sooo seriously!! hahaha

While I think they are hideous, I too bought some fake-Crocs. *hangs head in shame*

I was looking for some kind of water shoe in WI in January...my choices were limited. Make that non-existant. I'd tried on a pair of Crocs before and knew how lightweight and comfy they were and figured they'd reasonably protect my feet from jagged rocks/coral, etc. So for $6, I now own a pair of white ones with a sandal style (not closed toe...they didn't have my size, and well, these are cuter).

I appreaciate the cleaning tips, since they are white.

Archived