norweigan vs. rcl

Lefty1

trying to book cruise to bermuda - its either the dawn for 7 days or royal caribean explorer of the seas for 5 days - has anyone been on both and which do you think is best - i know the dawn offers longer cruise but i am sailing with someone who has never cruised before and figured a short cruise may be the start - explorer is bigger but need to the difference - cabin size, - we are planning to go in august '08

trying to book cruise to bermuda - its either the dawn for 7 days or royal caribean explorer of the seas for 5 days - has anyone been on both and which do you think is best - i know the dawn offers longer cruise but i am sailing with someone who has never cruised before and figured a short cruise may be the start - explorer is bigger but need to the difference - cabin size, - we are planning to go in august '08

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]countdown.pl?name=John&date=12-29-2007&image=Beach-8&text=&ship=Norwegian Gem[/url]

RCL hands down..... Better food, better atmosphere,better company, more to do etc etc......:)

If NCL had been my first cruise it would have been my last

CuriousCat

ANd yes 5 days w/ RCL is better than 14 days w/ NCL>>>>> Trust me w/ someone who has over 12 cruises and only 1 on NCL

I have yet to cruise NCL yet, I suppose my two cents will be worth more come January. ;) But quite honestly, after trips on Carnival, then Royal Caribbean, then Carnival again, I couldn't tell the difference between those two lines, so maybe I'm easy to please, or maybe some people are very picky.

Seriously, it's a cruise. You're on vacation. How bad could it be? If you expect a fairy tale land where nothing goes wrong, you'll be disappointed. If you expect to enjoy yourself, you will. In my opinion, the differences among mass-market cruise lines are just not so vast as some people make them out to be. If you were comparing Crystal to RCI, then I'd think the difference actually mattered, KWIM?

I have yet to cruise NCL yet, I suppose my two cents will be worth more come January. ;) But quite honestly, after trips on Carnival, then Royal Caribbean, then Carnival again, I couldn't tell the difference between those two lines, so maybe I'm easy to please, or maybe some people are very picky.

Royal Caribbean and Carnival are very similar cruiselines, both very good by the way. You will notice a difference on your NCL cruise, you may really enjoy the difference, or you may not enjoy the difference. It just depends on your personal preferences. I am glad to see that you are giving NCL a try, it may become your favorite cruiseline.

We've been on both the Norwegian Dawn and RCI Explorer. Had a mini-suite on the Dawn and a D2 balcony on the Explorer. Can't go wrong with either of those ships. Just depends on preferences. One thing Norwegian has that I wish RCI had was the grilled steaks/bratwurst/chicken/hot dogs/hamburgers/ribs prepared out by the swimming pool every day at lunch (at least on the two Norwegian cruises we've been on). We had a great time on both ships.

Tim

Everyone has their own opinion.... here is ours for what it is worth!:)

They both have their plusses! The Free-style dining is nice when you don't want to be locked into a certain time etc to eat... on the other hand, sometimes the fixed seating on RCCL is one less decision you have to make! Unless you are pretty picky-- you should enjoy either one! (Sorry we are not much help!) We have never been on a "bad" cruise!:)

Been on both and just came off the EOS and would take the Dawn. You will have 3 Full days in Bermuda Wed, Thursday, Friday instead of the 1 1/2 Days on the EOS. You will also have less passengers usuing the Ferry & Bus system to area attractions. We will be on the Dawn 5/11/08 Cruise to Bermuda which will be our 38th overall Cruise. Note: On some sailing dates in May, you may tender at Grassy Bay which is about 1 mile from The Dockyard !!!

Archived