Serenade Secrets?

w8ing2cruz

Can you tell me about the spa on the Serenade? Is there a hot tub in there? Sauna and steam room?

We cruise 2/2/08 and can't wait. Have only done Voyager class ships before. Am very curious about the elevator ride to the top!

In the locker room, there is a steam room (I don't remember a sauna but I'm not certain about that).

There isn't a hot tub in the spa, but there are 2 in the solarium right outside the spa (the solarium is indoor).

What the spa does have is the thermal suite. The thermal suite is a large room with heated mosaic tile benches, a steam room, a sauna, an aromatherapy room, and tropical showers - and a fabulous view. We'd go there every afternoon when we got back on the ship and take a nap on the benches, then rotate through the rooms. You can buy passes either by the day or for the full cruise. I recommend going the first day and getting a tour. It is a lot less expensive to buy the whole week pass.

Can you tell me about the spa on the Serenade? Is there a hot tub in there? Sauna and steam room?

We cruise 2/2/08 and can't wait. Have only done Voyager class ships before. Am very curious about the elevator ride to the top!

The Serenade is a beautiful ship, if you want a hint click on the link in my signature for pictures. It does show what is by the elevator so if you want to be surprised then don't look.;)

The Serenade is a beautiful ship, if you want a hint click on the link in my signature for pictures. It does show what is by the elevator so if you want to be surprised then don't look.;)

Sue, What is the photo #? I have been on the Serenade, and I was wondering if i missed something.

I've read a bit about the thermal spa area. It sounds very nice - my only question is on such a port intensive cruise will we have enough time to enjoy it? We have main seating - oh, BTW, does anyone know what time the seatings are?

On our Serenade cruise we usually got back to the ship about midafternoon (say around 3) and that gave us a couple of hours to take naps, I mean enjoy the thermal suite every afternoon. We had late seating though so had plenty of time to get ready for dinner, but you could still get at least an hour in every afternoon, before you had to get ready for dinner.

Dinner times were 6 and 8:30 on our cruise.

At what times can you eat at the seaview? It seems like a nice place for breakfast or lunch away from the crowds! How much was a weekely pass to the thermal spa? You said it is Coed? This would be perfect for us as we like to swim a little and hot tub in the solarium and then relax and read(nap). We have the late dinner setting, so this leaves us plenty of time.

At what times can you eat at the seaview? It seems like a nice place for breakfast or lunch away from the crowds! How much was a weekely pass to the thermal spa? You said it is Coed? This would be perfect for us as we like to swim a little and hot tub in the solarium and then relax and read(nap). We have the late dinner setting, so this leaves us plenty of time.

The Seaview is not open for breakfast . It was usually opened in the mid to late afternoon which was perfect for us because we always do late seating and go around 3 or 4 and grab lunch then.

I have to say the secret for me was the Seaview Cafe. Tucked away in the back of the ship. Great food, and never really busy. Wouldn't know it was there except I saw it here on CC.

I agree! we stopped there after ports to have a late lunch - also had late dinner! it was a long time from breakfast to dinner and the Seaview Cafe was wonderful. I really liked sitting out there w/my cold brew enjoying time in the quite. ;)

by the indoor pool - there is a snack bar. DH and I enjoyed sitting there in the afternoon - he loved the hummus plate and they had good pizza that I enjoyed a piece (or 2!) of. nice place for an afternoon snack and drink.

Seaview also had a big plate of chips and guacamole that you could get to go. sometimes I would pick that up and we would sit by the indoor pool or at the back of the Windjammer.

we were in Alaska, so it was great to just sit and watch the scenary...

have fun!

Archived