Carnival moved us again...to the other side???

LolaBunny

Carnival just called again and have moved our cabin again. Now we are on the left side (port side) of the boat, I had initially booked the right side (Starboard).

We are on the Pride in a week and a half, leave Long Beach, sail two day to PV, next day Mazatlan, next day Cabo and then back to CA.

I thought that with our itinerary we would see more of the land on the right side.

Does anyone know if you can see the shore from the boat as you are cruising near and in and out of the ports. I am a little upset that they totally switched our sides of the ship like this.

Do you have a preference as to what side of the ship you are on?

Carnival just called again and have moved our cabin again. Now we are on the left side (port side) of the boat, I had initially booked the right side (Starboard).

We are on the Pride in a week and a half, leave Long Beach, sail two day to PV, next day Mazatlan, next day Cabo and then back to CA.

I thought that with our itinerary we would see more of the land on the right side.

Does anyone know if you can see the shore from the boat as you are cruising near and in and out of the ports. I am a little upset that they totally switched our sides of the ship like this.

Do you have a preference as to what side of the ship you are on?

why would you care what side of the ship you are on. Trivial at best on your itinerary. Different if you are going into Venice or something. Don't be upset enjoy yourself

why would you care what side of the ship you are on. Trivial at best on your itinerary. Different if you are going into Venice or something. Don't be upset enjoy yourself

Okay that is what I was wondering. So it doesn't matter in the respect that you can't see a shore line as you are cruising.

This is my first cruise and I was curious if it mattered. And also if people had a preference on what side of the ship they liked?

Okay that is what I was wondering. So it doesn't matter in the respect that you can't see a shore line as you are cruising.

This is my first cruise and I was curious if it mattered. And also if people had a preference on what side of the ship they liked?

When we did this itinerary in Matzatlan port side was facing the port.

Cabo it does not matter cause it's a tender port.

And I don't remember which side in PV:o

As far as shoreline don't remember seeing any once we got out aways......

thanks much folks. i don't know why i thought it might matter. but is so nice to have this site to come and ask these questions and be reassured that i have nothing to worry about :)

i can't believe our cruise is almost here. i can't immagine being more excited for anything more than our first cruise ever :) woo hooo. i still have to pack, haven't even begun to do so haha

thanks much folks. i don't know why i thought it might matter. but is so nice to have this site to come and ask these questions and be reassured that i have nothing to worry about :)

i can't believe our cruise is almost here. i can't immagine being more excited for anything more than our first cruise ever :) woo hooo. i still have to pack, haven't even begun to do so haha

I think a couple years back the ships tried to honor the port side but was told that now it does not matter. It did at one time though.

well, thanks again folks. I think the part I had the most trouble with is not having as many sunsets on my HUGE balcony if we were on the left side of the ship. We are traveling three days south, so the right side gets those sunsets, then there are three nights in port and that is a crap shoot and just one day back to Long Beach, so one garanteed sunset from my balcony on the way home.

I know I am probably just obsessing, and who knows if I will even notice it right. :D

well, thanks again folks. I think the part I had the most trouble with is not having as many sunsets on my HUGE balcony if we were on the left side of the ship. We are traveling three days south, so the right side gets those sunsets, then there are three nights in port and that is a crap shoot and just one day back to Long Beach, so one garanteed sunset from my balcony on the way home.

I know I am probably just obsessing, and who knows if I will even notice it right. :D

Don't forget you will go just as far north as you go south, so half of your cruise will be facing the ocean (there are your sunsets) the other half will be facing land. As you are sailing by Baja California you will see land in the distance.

Don't forget you will go just as far north as you go south, so half of your cruise will be facing the ocean (there are your sunsets) the other half will be facing land. As you are sailing by Baja California you will see land in the distance.

True, I guess we will be back at sea by sunset on two of the port days. Excellent!!!

Archived