Real Popcorn! Have you ever brought a microwave?

Spudhunter

Maybe I'm getting gullible (unlikely since I work with crooks) but I think he was actually being serious. In case you are serious OP, my guess is that it would not be allowed, but this is merely speculation. You can always bring aboard the pre-bagged pop corn; some of those I have found to be quite good.

I'll have to remember that. When we were on the Mariner, all I wanted was popcorn to go along with the in cabin movie. No popcorn anywhere. If I can find popcorn somewhere before boarding the ship--problem solved.

The link I posted? Works for me. Try again.

It says the article no longer exists...

If it is the article I think it is...I can tell you from personal experience that popcorn can be very dangerous...I ripped my esophagus with a kernal of popcorn when I was younger...now I eat the fake kind...

Don't you wonder sometimes where these posters come from? As pointed out by Linda, Spudhunter has only 3 postings all related to this thread. You really don't know if you should applaud their sense of humor or worry about them.

sense_of_humor.jpg Question%2520Mark.jpg

81.98.84.jpgQuestion%2520Mark.jpg

Related to popcorn: A coworker is supposedly allergic to that substance in microwave popcorn and since that was discovered we are not allowed to have any type of popcorn in our work building at all.

Related to popcorn: A coworker is supposedly allergic to that substance in microwave popcorn and since that was discovered we are not allowed to have any type of popcorn in our work building at all.
Have you tried reporting that you are allergic to that coworker? :p

Charlie

Don't forget to bring a pound of butter to melt or the popcorn won't be good.Or you could go on the Paula Dean cruise and borrow some from her. You made my day.

Yes, that would be me on this cruise and I can't wait. Now y'all have given me a great idea. I think I will bring my popcorn and have them pop it, then go on down to Paula Deen's room and see if she would be glad to share her butter with me if I share my popcorn with her. Gotta love these ideas. :)

Don't you wonder sometimes where these posters come from? As pointed out by Linda, Spudhunter has only 3 postings all related to this thread. You really don't know if you should applaud their sense of humor or worry about them.

sense_of_humor.jpg Question%2520Mark.jpg

81.98.84.jpgQuestion%2520Mark.jpg

ROFL...love those graphics, Laura. Stay tuned for my next thread, "Am I allowed to bring a portable air-conditioner onboard?";)

Still not sure it the OP is joking or not but the question is not as off base as one might think if, in fact, they're serious. I read a post not all that long ago that a person was asking about bringing a small fridge to save money on soda. Have to search for the post.

Found the post on the fridge

My fiance and I will be going on the Sensation 4 day cruise to the Bahamas (our first ever cruise). I do not want to add an extra $50 just for drinks to our ever growing list of vacation expenses. We won't have a fridge in our room, so I was wondering if a cooler would be the best option? We will be taking a small fridge for a stay in Orlando after the cruise, but I don't know whether that would be allowed or not (???). It would probably be easier to use the fridge but if we aren't allowed to bring that on then is there a way that we can get ice put into the cooler on a daily basis? I'm not really too sure when we would be drinking much soda in the room anyway though since we will be eating all our meals at the restaurants on the ship. For those of you who have brought your own drinks, do you bring drinks into the restaurants as well or do you just order one there?

Personally, I don't consider those little microwave packs to be "real popcorn", anyway. That's why I prefer to bring some real popcorn, along with a kettle with lid, some vegetable oil (peanut oil has a nice flavor, but canola will do) and a camp stove. The tricky part is getting the small propane cylinder for the camp stove onto the ship. You run the risk that security might confiscate it, if they think you're really hiding alcohol in it.

AHA! Perhaps it wasn't the little flashing light on the life jacket that started the fire on that cruise ship. It was someone popping corn on a camp stove!:D

Honestly, I am not a fan of the micro-wave stuff.

Try the Whirley Pop from Wabash Family Farms:

www.popcornpopper.com/

Pops the best popcorn, ever! All in the same amount of time to pop the micro-wave stuff.

Then, I use my own toppings (white cheddar, or butter, maybe southwest seasoning, or lemon garlic, lots of options).

Of course, being from the midwest, I get great popcorn too, small, fluffy white to big and bold yellow, to red, and blue varieties.

I do not work for Wabash Family Farms, I just like the popper.

Dolby1000

Personally, I don't consider those little microwave packs to be "real popcorn", anyway. That's why I prefer to bring some real popcorn, along with a kettle with lid, some vegetable oil (peanut oil has a nice flavor, but canola will do) and a camp stove. The tricky part is getting the small propane cylinder for the camp stove onto the ship. You run the risk that security might confiscate it, if they think you're really hiding alcohol in it.

ROFL....still! After you get aboard with the above mentioned items can I borrow them? You can then borrow my ironing board and iron...boy will this be hard to pack..:D AND if you are lucky you can borrow my washing machine and dryer so you don't have to repack dirty clothes:p

STOP - you guys have me laughing so hard I am crying!! Never going to get any work done today with this.

You can have some butter for your popcorn, FAKE popcorn, or for the grilled fish too! PLUS you are in luck, I'm gonna bring along my own karaoke machine...don't wanna miss a minute of the sound of my own voice singing:D

OH just in case you have an accident and rip something I"m bringing my own sewing machine....maybe if I take in laundry and sewing I won't have to get off the ship??!!

I'm afriad the ship's pool water will be dirty. Can I bring my own pool for my balcony? :p

Hey yeah that's the ticket....we can all bring "wading pools" for the balcony and have our room attendant fill it each morning! Hmmmmmmm wonder what the tip would be for that?:(

seeing as how they do not have washers onboard i have a portable washer that would fit in my 24x47 suit case. do you think it would be ok if i brought it aboard ?

If not, you can probably buy one of those old washboards in a hardware store, that would fit in your suitcase. And, don't forget your box of soap and a clothes line and pins to hang your wash out on the balcony. If you have a lot, you could hang it from the line on the top deck that has all the lights on it. :D

Archived