?

buckeye12

Haven't flown in awhile, I got a price today on airtran for $171 one way leaving from CAK and going to Orlando on March 21 and back on the 30th. Does anyone know if this seems like a good price for this? Its non stop. I could kick my self just last week it was $141 one way, but I thought I would wait to see if it would go down anymore, but it did the complete opposite....grrrrrrrrr....:( I was going to wait for SW to open their prices but I hate to wait much longer..

yeah we are coming back on the 30th. It is also $171 on the way home making it a total of $342 before taxes and fees. For the 7 of us to fly down its like $2539.60 thats with tax and fees.

For that time frame, IT WILL NOT GET CHEAPER. You may see a sale fare, but the chances of getting seven seats on a sale fare is very slim.

Spring Break-college kids book the tickets the DAY school starts. My nephew booked 43 people the day after school opened from Reno and Denver to various points in Florida. He was on the phone all day with me trying to "finagle" the cheapest fares. He also booked a whole lot of hotel rooms in Orlando and the Fort Lauderdale area. He took payment from everyone and will make enough off his "packages" so he doesn't have to work this semester. He told me he was not the only one booking massive amounts of tickets at University of Nevada, Reno. His sister has done the same thing for four years from the University of Colorado. They both make quite a little bit of money from this AND they do it at the start of the school year, when kids have lots of money.

They are not the only ones-quite a few college kids do this all over the country. And then you take into consideration all the families that go on vacation during Spring Break and you see the supply and demand of airline tickets leaves little left over at "cheap" prices.

Please don't wait-the cheapest tickets are almost gone. Good luck!!!

Also as I've found in airfare, it's not worth dilly-daddling over saving $30 per ticket - that's really inconsequential. Ticket prices go up more often than they go down. I equate waiting for a price drop, after seeing a price you like, to playing Russian Roulette.

If it's the airline & routing you want, grab it!

Buckeye 12 are you close to Columbus at all???

You could wait for skybus to open up those dates. We bought a one way to FLL on March 14 on Delta because we got a good price, great time and nonstop. We are waiting for Skybus to open their dates after March 6. Maybe you would get one of the cheaper seats???? Our flight on Delta was 175.00 but now it is over 268.00 so you never know.

Good LUck!

We are about 2 hours north east of Columbus. We were going to wait for SW to open their schedules too, then we could go out of PIT but I think i'm just going to go ahead and book the flight out of CAK.

Thanks for all ya'lls help!

Archived