Hello new host, whoever you are.

pb82

Hey, new host, how about introducing yourself? I know, I know, that if we were really as stuffy as some of us pretend to be (I know further that the first replies will be "I'm not pretending!") we would insist that a mutual acquaintance introduce us. But Laura is awfully busy, so please do it yourself.

And I won't insult you by saying that we don't bite. Obviously, some of us do. But, even more obviously, we know that hosts are issued really sharp teeth.

Paul

Hear, hear!

And since many of us have already noticed (and commented on) changes in the board, could you give us your expectations of an orderly board so that we don't run afoul of the "posting police" <G> ?

As I am sure you have already figured out, we here are a different bunch from most. We have made lifelong friendships here of people we have never met. And we have booked cruises to meet those we have become friends with on here. I know that I have!

We get upset when we lose some of our favorite threads, so if you could possible give us a run-down of what we need to be careful of, so we can keep our homespun creations home, we would appreciate it.

We really do mean well~!

And we pretty much self-police.

We yell at posters who get nasty.

And make them behave.

Thank you,

And welcome to our crazy board.

Feel free to jump into our discussions. Maybe we will win you over to the "Dark" side (that is, dark hull, with red and black funnel!)

Karie,

who started adding to her sig by way of introduction when she was new, and now can't seem to stop!

It looks like our new Host is my friend and former colleague Host Andy.

But I will leave it to Andy to introduce himself :) .

I do agree with all of you of course that we are a very special group here and I would urge Andy to take a "light" hand in moderating this board. I am sure he will follow my advice but remember, if you ever have any complaints it is now his problem; as a mere mortal I can not do anything about anything so please do not ask ;) ...

(OK, I'll admit it, I "know people" but my influence is not for sale, well not unless you are going to pay the fare for my next voyage at least ;) ...)

Hello new host who ever you are!

Isn't that the title of a song from the 40's?

No, you are thinking of "Hello young lovers whoever you are..." from Rogers and Hammerstein's "The King and I" of 1951. We don't know either the age or the loveability of our new host yet. But Doug's comment is a great encouragement.

Paul

No, you are thinking of "Hello young lovers whoever you are..." from Rogers and Hammerstein's "The King and I" of 1951. We don't know either the age or the loveability of our new host yet. But Doug's comment is a great encouragement.

Paul

Thank you for the reminder. I could hear the music but couldn't place the song.

Doug, did you say Host Andy?

Why, I love the name. Andy was my first boyfriend, when I was 17. He was so cute and funny, quite likely still is. It couldn't possibly be the same Andy, could it?

PS: Isn't it, Hello, young lovers, wherever you are?

Doug, did you say Host Andy?

Why, I love the name. Andy was my first boyfriend, when I was 17. He was so cute and funny, quite likely still is. It couldn't possibly be the same Andy, could it?

PS: Isn't it, Hello, young lovers, wherever you are?

Nope:

Hello young lovers, whoever you are,

I hope your troubles are few.

All my good wishes go with you tonight,

I've been in love like you.

Be brave, young lovers, and follow your star,

Be brave and faithful and true,

Cling very close to each other tonight.

Nope:

Heh. And I know all the other words to the song, save that one. It must be because the last time I heard it was with boyfriend Andy, yes? Didn't Frank Sinatra sing that song?

Heh. And I know all the other words to the song, save that one. It must be because the last time I heard it was with boyfriend Andy, yes? Didn't Frank Sinatra sing that song?

Guess we'll have to wait 'til later for an answer from Andy (provided he's THAT Andy!!!) Oooo wouldn't that spice up things a bit here, which we need badly since all those juicy (pardon me: highly informative and topical) posts have gone poof...

And yeah: Welcome Andy, whoever you are...

Angela: do you think we could take the lyrics with us in March and practice the song in honor of Andy--I get a feeling that Happy could alter the lyrics a bit to fit???

Guess we'll have to wait 'til later for an answer from Andy (provided he's THAT Andy!!!) Oooo wouldn't that spice up things a bit here, which we need badly since all those juicy (pardon me: highly informative and topical) posts have gone poof...

And yeah: Welcome Andy, whoever you are...

Angela: do you think we could take the lyrics with us in March and practice the song in honor of Andy--I get a feeling that Happy could alter the lyrics a bit to fit???

Oh, no, don't say juicy, unless you're talking about breakfast. We don't want to have to go looking in unsavoury places for the replies!

M-L, I think you've got a great idea there. By the time March rolls around those folks will have grown weary and a song via Happy will do the trick to revive their spirits, esp if it's in honor of my Andy.

Happyscot! We've got meaningful work for you here, get a move on.

My, my drifting already...truly an art form of the first order.

Welcome Host Andy....we're not bad once you get to know us....;)

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Well we DID pass post number 10... Isn't that the benchmark?

M-L, I think you've got a great idea there. By the time March rolls around those folks will have grown weary and a song via Happy will do the trick to revive their spirits, esp if it's in honor of my Andy.

Happyscot! We've got meaningful work for you here, get a move on.

You're right: we'll be getting on at the end of the World Cruise and who knows what--or whom--we'll find on board!!! Nothing like a rousing round of singalong to revive everyone's spirit. Besides, don't you think it's about time we had an official CC Song? And what better time to introduce it than on my birthday??? We can rehearse the night before..

M-L

Nope:

Hey get a room buddy!

Keep yer filthy clinging to yerself!

We don't do that around here. Whaddaya think this is? Carnival, or those half nekkid windjammers in their togas?

Oops. sorry, wrong thread.

So Andy- What we REALLY need to know is,

1)Brit or Yank (some of us hate both of those terms so I am an equal opportunity offender)

2)Smoker or non-smoker

3)Steerage or Grills

4)Ports or at-sea days

5)Cruise or Crossing

6)Liner or floating apartment building (shoe box, shopping cart)

7)Zimmer or walker

8)Red or Orange (applies mostly to funnels)

9)QE2 QM2 or QV

10)Royal Godmothers, or strike a blow for equality with godfathers (or "higher power-masculine parent figure" to be a bit more PC)

11)Self serve laundry (and the gossip and hen fighting even from the non-hens- was gonna say the male version of chickens, but you-know) or Let the Butler take care of it

12)Afternoon tea or High Tea

13)Kid-friendly or adult-oriented

14)Classic or updated and comtemporary

Ah,, someone else continue for me!

Um, Ang- Not sure you want Piton1 knowing about <psst> you, know, andy!- sounds like the old flame is still smoldering. Not to worry. If Danny from my teenaged years were to pop up here, it might prove ..uh,. interesting! He has, I think 3 or 5 kids now and is a cop in Colorado. Probably fat and bald and droopy- but I'll still remember him carrying me in my lime green, full length ball gown with the sheer panels from the shoulders, he in his Air Force Dress Blues (CAP) out to the end of the diving board during a CAP ball when we were 15 <sigh> So strong and handsome!)

Karie,

who will not answer if Marc answers why I am smiling in my sleep tonight! Or will say I am just thinking about Him. (and not mention WHICH him! <G>)

P.S. Fred who?

You're right: we'll be getting on at the end of the World Cruise and who knows what--or whom--we'll find on board!!! Nothing like a rousing round of singalong to revive everyone's spirit. Besides, don't you think it's about time we had an official CC Song? And what better time to introduce it than on my birthday??? We can rehearse the night before..

M-L

Hello young posters, whoever you are,

(I don't recall your screen name)

All my suggestions go to you tonight

I once was a newbie like you

Be brave, young posters, you'll soon be a star,

Like KindlyChap, Patwell, the same,

Cling very closely to the topic tonight

I once was a newbie like you

Karie,

who NEVER takes her own advice! (Why would I want to listen to a fool? <G>)

Host Andy hangs out over on the Celebrity/Azamara boards.

And just what exactly is "Azamara"?

Is this a theme night on Celebrity? or perhaps its replacing the Baked A****a parade, or a new name for one of those "whatever of the seas" ships:) ;)

Anyway a special welcome to Host Andy:D

Cheers

Myles

( who rather hopes he was thought of as quite normal, untill he had to ask this question and has probably just blown his cover and now feels like a prize idiot)

( who rather hopes he was thought of as quite normal, untill he had to ask this question and has probably just blown his cover and now feels like a prize idiot)

I wouldn't worry about it Myles, I thought I was normal too, until I found myself talking to a cat, and trying to set my cat up on a blind date with it, just so I could travel on the QE2 as their 'staff':D

I think its some sort of infection that sneaked through the wires.:D

You can get rid of it by not reading for several days - but one, just one sneak at a Cunard CC page and you are infected all over again - it starts slowly, a LOL here, a :eek: there, and next thing you know, you are plotting with others to murder said cat:eek: An of course its impossible to go more than a few days without reading at least one page;)

Karen

Archived