Non-Formal Nights?

LolaBunny

I'm sure you'd be allowed in the dining room. I've seen worse on formal night. (Not that the outfit sounds bad to me, but some will say jeans are not allowed no matter what.)

I, personally, don't wear jeans. Neither does DH. He wears slacks/dockers on non-formal nights.

Now hang on to your hat......this might be a bumpy ride!!!

Okay, I will clarify - my question was reagarding what people wear on NON FORMAL nights?

The Carnival site seems to clarify what they expect for formal nights which seems to be stretched to both extremes. Maybe I am missing the section I am looking for.

But, specifically, with non-formal nights, have people noticed others dressed in what I would call "club attire" at least that is what it would be called here in Vegas... everyone wears jeans, but really NICE jeans and really NICE shirts, shoes etc. Jeans are the new black pant in my book and I think when you wear a really dressy pair with the right outfit it is very dressy and sexy. That said, my intention is not to stir up some barbaric thread on the subject... I have seen the threads on formal night attire, but I wanted some clarity on the non-formal norms.

I totally plan on dressing formal for formal night, because that is what formal means... but I am really unclear on what the norm is for the other 5 nights. Also, to add, I nor my husband, don't have a problem with not wearing jeans, we were just curious from a packing standpoint. :)

I understand you were asking about non-formal nights.

I am sure you will not have a problem wearing jeans. I can almost guarantee there will be others wearing jeans.

We're just saying that some don't believe jeans should be worn in the dining room even on non-formal nights. And they will voice their opinions.....so stand-by!!!

Yes, you can ware jeans on non formal nights. My DH did, and at times I wore jean capri's with nice tops. I know the look your talking about and you will be just fine. People who care don't matter, and people who matter don't care. This whole jean thing is crazy, my gosh, its like I can have a a expensive pair of jeans on and be looked down on, and the person next to me can have a cheap pair of dress pants on and that makes him or her OK!!! I really don't want to see any pants with old T shirts or whatever in the dinning room, but come on folks lets ease up on the nice jeans!!! Peace, Lynn

Archived