Introducing "As You Dress Dining."

Happy HALer

To join in the fun of the dress discussion, it reminds me of the bizarre "uniforms of the day" we used to dream up on slow days at sea on USS whatever. Uniforms like "skivvies and mini medals," or "dress blues, shower shoes, and white gloves"...

Dave

And to think I missed all that fun by joining the USAF...

:cool:

One more thing...there is a post under "dressing on the Noordam" which a poster has actually posted a link with pictures of capri versus cropped pants.

Brian, that could be an addition to your as you dress dining caption. How about if CC elects a panel, we all photograph our outfits, post them online before the trip and the CC panel decides if the clothing is appropriate.

This way we can have the panel elect what we wear before we go. I bet you would get some very "interesting" photos.

Barbara

Babs--

Now that would be a fun thread!

:D

NNN,

I'm glad to see I'm not the only Food TV watcher! Yes, Giada is very easy to look at, but I noticed after a few shows that I was paying much more attention to her cooking than to her! I lived in Naples for 6 years total, and in my opinion if you want to know what real southern Italian cooking is, watch Giada's shows. This is not Olive Garden fare, this is the real deal dishes I ate in Naples, and would pay a lot for if there were anywhere in DC that had it.

And, I also love Jaimie's shows as well.

To join in the fun of the dress discussion, it reminds me of the bizarre "uniforms of the day" we used to dream up on slow days at sea on USS whatever. Uniforms like "skivvies and mini medals," or "dress blues, shower shoes, and white gloves"...

Dave

The reason for Jaime Oliver being the Chef on the Topless Deck is because he is the "Naked Chef."

Giada's head is too big. I know, with those low cut blouses, most guys don't know she has a head. She also over pronounces Italian words.

The reason for Jaime Oliver being the Chef on the Topless Deck is because he is the "Naked Chef."

Giada's head is too big. I know, with those low cut blouses, most guys don't know she has a head. She also over pronounces Italian words.

Personally I don't trust a skinny cook :)

Give me Mario Battali, Maryann Esposito, Lidia , and Nick Stellino. Now they look like they eat what they cook *LOL*

Personally I don't trust a skinny cook :)

Give me Mario Battali, Maryann Esposito, Lidia , and Nick Stellino. Now they look like they eat what they cook *LOL*

Please keep in mind we are talking about the Topless Deck. I don't even want to see Mario in a wet T-Shirt.

"Holy Moly, she's a knockout!", or "Holy Moly, she's got a big head!" ?

(I vote knockout) :)

Big Head? What big head? Who said big head? I'm with ya ;) and I hadn't even heard about her until reading this thread! (OK, it's a little bit out of proportion but who's looking at that!)

Oh she is great.

She's a heart attack waiting to happen though . A pound of butter, a quart of cream. *LOL*

She is, indeed, great. And not hard on the eyes, either. However ... you're right ... some of her recipes make me shudder. I'm sure they're yummy, but .... yikes!!! A POUND of butter? :eek: That's about 3200 calories.

She is, indeed, great. And not hard on the eyes, either. However ... you're right ... some of her recipes make me shudder. I'm sure they're yummy, but .... yikes!!! A POUND of butter? :eek: That's about 3200 calories.

I love Paula too. But, I'm not sure the Topless Deck is the best venue for her.:rolleyes:

Archived