Question about Travel Documents

FSUgirl17

We will be boarding the Glory in less than 2 weeks. I don't have a passport so I will be bringing my BC. I'm married so I obviously have a different last name than whats on my BC, do I need to bring my marriage license?

I dont believe that you have to. With that said, if it was me I would bring it anyways just in case, because it would REALLY stink to get all the way down there and not be able to get on the boat. Hope this helps!

tiffany

We will be boarding the Glory in less than 2 weeks. I don't have a passport so I will be bringing my BC. I'm married so I obviously have a different last name than whats on my BC, do I need to bring my marriage license?

Per my PVP, No you dont have to bring it. They really look at the last name on your ID. I have my maiden name as well on BC and married name on DL, I am divorced and have not changed back yet (o but i am:D ) she advised me needs to go by what is on DL

Hope this helps... ;)

Not unless your driver's license still has your maiden name on it. They know and expect most women are gonna have a different last name on their driver's license than what's on their birth certificate due to marriage. As long as your driver's license matches the name on the booking you're in good shape. If your license has your maiden name on it, you'll need the marriage license /certificate definitely.

I was told by my TA to absolutely bring mine. I do have a passport but sent it in to get my name changed and have yet to receive it back. So just in case I went and got a duplicate ML from the County and will bringing that along with my ID and DL. I dont want to take any chances and I strongly suggest you dont either.

If your names are different then YES you will need to bring the wedding license. Everything has to have the same name on them. I'd hate to see you waving to the ship as she sails leaving you behind. PS I have also heard of this when flying overseas!

Iwould think Yes. I believe I have read somwwhere on this board in the past that proof of name change is need.:D

Thanks for your help! My DL does have my married name (same name we booked with) The reason I asked was because I can't find my original marriage license. And of course, I don't think of these things until 2 weeks before we leave! I called my TA this morning and he said I won't need it but I did print an unoffical copy off of our county's public records website just in case.

Not to freak you out or anything, but bring every piece of ID you have. ESPECIALLY if your name is different. Ideally, you should have a passport...but if they accept BC's for US citizens, then bring your marriage licence (it won't hurt to bring it).

Archived