St. Tropez

vdlcruiser

You will be able to take some tour from St. Tropez but make sure you leave some time just to stroll the main marina where the rich and famous park their yachts.

In Palma consider taking the HOHO bus. It comes to the pier.

I wrote about our day in St. Tropez last year on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=607654&highlight=tropez. I've visited that port twice so will be glad to answer any questions that you have.

In Palma de Mallorca, we were lucky to be on Oceania, a cruise line that invites local tourist officials on to the ship in port each morning. The tourist official drew us a walking tour of this port that was great. We also enjoyed a carriage ride and visiting the cathedral. There's a lot of information on this port if you do a search for "Mallorca." If you don't know how to search, let us know, and we'll post instructions for you.

Have a great trip,

Donna

You can explore both destinations by your own and by feet.

Palma is a typical Spanish (or Catalan) city with historical old town, a gorgeous cathedral, a medieval Royal palace, nice art nouveau (Gaudi) buildings, modern art museums (Joan Miro) and lots of atmosphere. Just walk.

St. Tropez is a small town and has small town charme. There is the yacht harbour, nice boutiques and restaurants, and also a museum of modern art. If you want to see some of the coast and landscape you may rent a car or you spend just a relaxing day in one of the cafes at the harbour, sipping a drink and watching the people.

And we will be on Oceania.
We loved our Oceania cruise, and it was a big advantage to have those tourist representatives each day, unlike other cruise lines who apparently view passengers who choose to do independent sightseeing as the plague and will not give any info.

One the little gems that I loved in Palma de Mallorca that was included in our walking tour was the Arab baths, so I hope you can find that lovely little garden too. I don't know if you will have the same representative that we had last September, but I'm sure your Mallorca representative will be glad to draw you a walking tour on the maps that they bring.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Archived