Room Assignments

Simply Southern

49 days till cruising and no room assignments yet. This is a sold out cruise. The only two rooms I see left are the penthouse suite and a suite. Is it common under these conditions on a Fantasy line cruise not to have your room assigned yet? We booked three IS rooms. One has been upgraded to a oceanview. Both unassigned rooms are for first time cruisers. Think it's possible they may get upgraded to the last two rooms I listed above?:rolleyes:

49 days till cruising and no room assignments yet. This is a sold out cruise. The only two rooms I see left are the penthouse suite and a suite. Is it common under these conditions on a Fantasy line cruise not to have your room assigned yet? We booked three IS rooms. One has been upgraded to a oceanview. Both unassigned rooms are for first time cruisers. Think it's possible they may get upgraded to the last two rooms I listed above?:rolleyes:

Very common for you to not be aware of stateroom assignment UNTIL the day of sailing. Your stateroom has probably already been assigned, but you just dont have that info available to you yet as it is subject to change until last minute. As for upgraded from inside to a suite..... afraid that will probably not happen as you have to remember that there are others booked on that saining that have done guarantees in higher category staterooms than inside and they will probably have a better chance than those booked with inside guarantees.

I always tell clients if they have elected a guarantee stateroom rather than specific category assignment at time of booking, to be prepared to be anywhere on the ship and not be picky with the end result.

Have a GREAT CRUISE !

You could try pretending to send yourself a bon voyage gift ;) and try the OV's on the deck around the one that did get assigned. it's quite possible if one got assigned to an OV that the others are assigned there as well. Probably not together, but maybe close.

just curious how I would find this out?

One way is to go to the cruiseline you are sailing on and try to make a booking to see what staterooms are available for the ship and sail date you are trying to find info on, but keep in mind this method is NOT 100% accurate !

I was wondering how the gift method works. I tried sending a gift to the rooms around the one that has been assigned. On all of them but one I got the message "incorrect room number" on one room I got the message "you can't send a gift on a guaranty room" does this mean that is probably the assigned room?:rolleyes:

Archived