All Things Voyager of the Seas Please!!

tray

Hi! I posted these questions on the thread about the lack of Voyager reviews, but I thought I might get a better response over here since this is for questions.

For those of you going in the next few weeks, I have some specific questions. I need this information so I can obsess over every detail:rolleyes: and have my "action plan" for right after I board!:D

1. When are formal nights? I assume the first one is Monday. Is the second one on Friday?

2. What days/evenings is the ice show?

3. Which night has the Caribbean menu in the dining room?

4. What time did boarding start and how is the space in the terminal with the larger passenger load?

Thanks in advance for your help! Keep the ship in good shape for us, and hurry back!

Sorry I dont remember which night was Caribbean.

. When are formal nights? I assume the first one is Monday. Is the second one on Friday? Monday and Thursday

2. What days/evenings is the ice show? We had holiday ice shows, and I was told they had a different schedule because of it.

3. Which night has the Caribbean menu in the dining room? I don't remember!

4. What time did boarding start and how is the space in the terminal with the larger passenger load? Our boarding started at 1:00 pm due to the ship being late clearing customs from the TA. We were in the Platinum section, so it wasnt so bad to wait. It looked pretty crowded elsewhere in the termianl, but not unmanageable.

brought this over from the other thread just in case you missed it :)

They have refrigerators in the inside cabins but pretty worthless--husband called it "shade". My wine was tepid (lol). Take a thermo six-pack cooler and tip out your room steward(ess) to keep it full of ice as the ice buckets were a joke. Hold enough ice for two glasses and melted by noon. You can use that to cool your "whatever". Hair dryers were decent, though. In the top right hand narrow drawer of the vanity.

Tucker in Texas (just off the Voyager Trans Atlantic)

Fiance and I are getting married onboard the Voyager Jan 6, 2008 in Galveston. Anybody have suggestions for best places for photography?

Congratualtions! I am thinking of booking that cruise for me and DH. It leaves Jan 4th which is my 50th birthday and I wanted to do something special. Our 3rd wedding anniversary will be right before that on Dec 30th and I was hoping to find a cruise which spanned both celebrations, but I like everything I have read about Voyager and think this is the one I want.

The last cruise we did was the Elation out of Galvestion in 2005 and my DH proposed to me on top of the Mayan pyramid at Uxmal!

Congratualtions! I am thinking of booking that cruise for me and DH. It leaves Jan 4th which is my 50th birthday and I wanted to do something special. Our 3rd wedding anniversary will be right before that on Dec 30th and I was hoping to find a cruise which spanned both celebrations, but I like everything I have read about Voyager and think this is the one I want.

The last cruise we did was the Elation out of Galvestion in 2005 and my DH proposed to me on top of the Mayan pyramid at Uxmal!

Oops! I was thinking 2009, not 2008 - sorry! Hope your wedding went off without a hitch.

I don't know if anyone has addressed the elaborate Voyager backing into the pier maneuver but I watched her leave last Sunday and saved a couple jpegs of it.

She was docked facing west, which is opposite of what Rhapsody, Splendour, Ecstasy et al do, which means she came in and docked without turning around.

When she left, she moved a ways west down the channel, then she pivoted. It wasn't a complete pivot as about halfway through, she backed up just a tad, then completed the pivot. It sort of reminded me of a 3-point turn.

Anyhow, here is a snap of her mid-pivot and the location wrt the terminal.

harb3a.jpg.c170266ddabaa5c330c9c668d2584b97.jpg

It will be interesting to hear what the returning cruisers have to say tomorrow 1/06. Someone posted on another thread that the Voyager's itinerary was changed this week, with shortened port time in Cozumel and another port converted to a sea day due to rough weather.

It will be interesting to hear what the returning cruisers have to say tomorrow 1/06. Someone posted on another thread that the Voyager's itinerary was changed this week, with shortened port time in Cozumel and another port converted to a sea day due to rough weather.

Could be, I know the Ecstasy lost a port due to weather.

I have a couple of months until our Voyager cruise and am trying to figure out how to get from Hobby Airport to Galveston the day before our cruise and then back afterwards. I've read everything on the Gulf Departures thread. For those of you who have returned, does Royal Caribbean offer a shuttle that you can purchase on board for the trip back to the airport (Hobby) after the cruise returns to Galveston? If so, how much does that cost? How long did you have to wait to get that shuttle? If nothing is offered, I am planning on reserving with Galveston Limousine for a round-trip shuttle at $60 per person. Has anyone used them? When you disembarked, using Galveston Limousine, how long did you have to wait to get into a shuttle vehicle? Any information that anyone can give would be so helpful to those of us trying to figure out transportation.

icon1.gif

Sorry, i was looking for the thread referred to in this post.

I don't know if anyone has addressed the elaborate Voyager backing into the pier maneuver but I watched her leave last Sunday and saved a couple jpegs of it.

She was docked facing west, which is opposite of what Rhapsody, Splendour, Ecstasy et al do, which means she came in and docked without turning around.

When she left, she moved a ways west down the channel, then she pivoted. It wasn't a complete pivot as about halfway through, she backed up just a tad, then completed the pivot. It sort of reminded me of a 3-point turn.

Rhapsody and Splendour did that sometimes too. Last time we sailed on Splendour we turned around before we sailed. Read on the boards once about Rhapsody doing it. I guess it depends on the pilot bringing her in? It does seem like it would be easier to do in the daylight than in the wee hours, but I guess it's not really a visual thing anyway. It was sort of neat to be on board (and awake!) when it happened.

I have a couple of months until our Voyager cruise and am trying to figure out how to get from Hobby Airport to Galveston the day before our cruise and then back afterwards. I've read everything on the Gulf Departures thread. For those of you who have returned, does Royal Caribbean offer a shuttle that you can purchase on board for the trip back to the airport (Hobby) after the cruise returns to Galveston? If so, how much does that cost? How long did you have to wait to get that shuttle? If nothing is offered, I am planning on reserving with Galveston Limousine for a round-trip shuttle at $60 per person. Has anyone used them? When you disembarked, using Galveston Limousine, how long did you have to wait to get into a shuttle vehicle? Any information that anyone can give would be so helpful to those of us trying to figure out transportation.

I have used Galveston Limo several times, and they've always been great. Their prices are cheaper than the cruise line's, and the service has been very good. I've never had a long wait with them. They do have a baggage limit, so be sure to read the info carefully. Their web site is http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com.

Rhapsody and Splendour did that sometimes too. Last time we sailed on Splendour we turned around before we sailed. Read on the boards once about Rhapsody doing it. I guess it depends on the pilot bringing her in? It does seem like it would be easier to do in the daylight than in the wee hours, but I guess it's not really a visual thing anyway. It was sort of neat to be on board (and awake!) when it happened.

I was at the pier yesterday, too. It took about 20 minutes for her to turn around.

We will be cruising on the Voyager this coming Sunday the 13th. We will be coming in on Saturday via Houston's IA and staying overnight at Galveston before boarding. We would love to hear from anyone that just returned with a general review of the week as well as any helpful hints for the ports of call !

Archived