My Heart Belongs to Carnival but . . .

Hawaii697

We have only cruised RC and Carnival. Love them both for different reasons. Can tell you our last was on the AOS and it was one of our best!! Had wonderful people on board, wonderful staff, great ship!!

Funny, one poster talked down the Grandeur and we are going on her for 11 nights!!!:eek: Hope we have a better experience on her then they did!!! Go and have a wonderful time....

I have been on Adventure of the Seas's sister ships, Mariner and Explorer and there was PLENTY to do. If you want to go, go! If you enjoy Carnival, you will enjoy Royal Caribbean. The main differences I see in the lines is the service and the decor and condition of the ships (Royal Caribbean wins in both places for me). Don't be afraid!

We were on the Adventure in January, 04. There were few "locals" that we could tell. We had a great time and really enjoyed the ports. Of course, in Aruba, all I did was shop in the Jewelry stores for my 25th anniversary gift. St Maarten was enjoyable and we really loved St. Thomas, took a sailing trip with 2 couples we met on CC. We have also cruised HAL and also had a great time; enjoyed the music in the lounges. Our last two cruises were on Carnival. Inspiration last September which was a family cruise, was also enjoyable and we all had a good time. Just got back from cruising on the Celebration yesterday and did not have as good of a time as on the others. The Celebration is way too small for the number of passengers and our room reeked of cigarette smoke when we went in. Some of our problem with this ship is we were used to larger vessels and the Celebration is the smallest Carnival ship. I would definitely cruise Carnival again if on a larger ship, but my husband is not willing to cruise on Carnival agan.

Cruise on the Adventure if you can get your group to do this. You will not be dissappointed.

We won't be going to Turks/Caicos we are going to Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Tortola and St. Thomas. I can't wait to try the anytime dining:D

Ooooh great itinerary! That's going to be nice! :D

And to the OP - I just noticed this on the RCCL board about AOS. You better bring a snack. It's a doosy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=642150

KURBANFAN,

We'll also be on the Crown in December-what date are you cruising? This will be our 3rd time on the Crown. Over 20 cruises-Crown is our favorite so far. If they had a more elaborate children's swimming area - I couldn't ask for a better ship for our taste. I love the Princess cabin layout. Crown is beautiful and has so many pools. We've never felt like we were in a crowd. Many times the adult pools only have a few people. One evening, we were the only ones in the pool at sunset-stunning! You'll love the itinerary. Do you have plans? We will also be traveling with out 3 year old DD.

KURBANFAN,

We'll also be on the Crown in December-what date are you cruising? This will be our 3rd time on the Crown. Over 20 cruises-Crown is our favorite so far. If they had a more elaborate children's swimming area - I couldn't ask for a better ship for our taste. I love the Princess cabin layout. Crown is beautiful and has so many pools. We've never felt like we were in a crowd. Many times the adult pools only have a few people. One evening, we were the only ones in the pool at sunset-stunning! You'll love the itinerary. Do you have plans? We will also be traveling with out 3 year old DD.

We are sailing Dec. 15th. We are looking at doing the baths in Tortola on our own. And I think a catamaran tour to the Pitons . We are beach people so Antigua and Barbados will be the beach. And we have been to St. Thomas before so we are not sure what we will do there.

Have you done this itinerary before? If so I would love any suggestions.

I know we will love the ship. What is you opinion on the anytime dining?

Thanks!

I think you need to check the RCCL Board for that info. By the way, my traitor daughter loves Adventure of the Seas and Freedom of the Seas, she is a diehard RCCL Fan, she suck.

Fred

Thanks to all that suggested the RCCL board. However, I chose to post here first because I know a lot of you have sailed both Carnival and RCCL. I wanted to get more biased opinions of those who sailed on more Carnival Cruises and then have tried RCCL. I felt, I'd get more feedback posting here first. Trust me, I know do do my research over there as well. :D

My heart belongs to NCL (no flames,please). My 1st cruise was with them. I have been on a total of 8 cruises on different lines, some with NCL, Celebrity, RCCL, and Carnival. Each line offers something different, each line has had problems, too. I could complain about something on each line, but I chose not to. Try the different line, and make your our opinion! Have a great trip!

Most importantly, your fuzzy baby looks like my Josie girl, although Josie is slightly more blonde....are we not lucky parents? ~S~

I agree that if you've never tried anyone but Carnival than you should try others....I have and I will always return to that big fin in the sky! RCCL has SO many innovative things going on right now that it's hard to resist changing for a cruise or two. Especially if one is young, or young in heart, enough to try the surfing pool or likes to rock climb (as my hubby and kids do)....I especially like the midship promanade (actually took and inside room especially to take advantage of that....I missed the sunrises and sunsets from the balcony....and the fresh air, however).

I don't find the service as personal, as Carnival, the food as good or the beds as comfy (and I have spinal issues so beds are a biggie with me).....HOWEVER....those are my opinions. I'm sure that others will say the exact opposite, it's all a matter of choice.

If budget is an issue, will your past guest discount outweigh your desire to try something new? If your friends have also cruised Carnival you might suggest that they too look at the money issue. Since we always pay for a "family" vacation every 3 or 4 years (either a cruise or a trip to Walt Disney World....or sometime both) and we have 5 children, their spouses and 5 grandchildren money is always an issue with us. One of these days, they'll be out of graduate school, law school, dental school or not needing a divorce or a wedding...or both... and someone will pay for us. Please humor me and tell me of course they will.....please?????

Archived