Best Surpise on the Magic

HisChildBeth

By the way, there was a lovely surprise on the Magic on Friday night that was not officially announced, but some how managed to be widely known by word of mouth :D At 11:00 pm there was a Dessert Gala Extravaganza in Lumi's. It was the most incredible food event I have ever seen! Absolutely gorgeous! I'm diabetic, but luckily I can occasionally take a big jump into the dessert bowl by doing extra insulin:)

One suggestion - Have cast members at each dessert table and allow 1 person from a group to get in a line about 30 minutes ahead to take pictures only, and then they have to leave and get back in line.

They had the most beautiful little birds made out of pastry and filled with chocolate mousse. I think this was more a pretty decoration than meant to be eaten, but out of all the beautiful displays this fragile little bird stole my heart.

They definitely need chairs along the line for those who cannot stand for long periods.

Beth

I saw sugar free desert offerings at every buffet and on all the menus.

I specifically did not go looking for the sugar free at the gala because I had planned my whole day around this saving up my carbs and doing a bit more insulin. As a type 2, I can have a little bit of discretionary naughtiness that a type 1 cannot. Ever since I was diagnosed, even at my sickest when on chemo, I have never gone over 300 and my A1C has always been within acceptable range. I discussed with my doctor before I went that I was going to be on a cruise where there was food around every corner so he was aware that my overall A1C might go up a bit this quarter, but since I have so such good control he wasn't worried. He did warn me that I had better not gain any weight since I'm battling that demon as well.:(

I have a friend that is type 1 and she has been on a pump for quite awhile now, but it is getting very difficult for her to maintain. I consider myself blessed to have the luxury of being able to "cheat" once in awhile.

Don't fear if your husband doesn't have the same luxury, I'm sure there are still sugar free goodies at the gala since the head pastry chef at a dessert class discussed the yellow package artificial sweetner as something he uses in baking.

Another question off subject:

I'm telling everybody to book a cruise as soon as they can. Do you know if their are Disney cruise offerings through the Interval vacation club or does Disney keep a monoply on cruises that can only be bought directly or through their vacation club?

Beth

Hi Beth,

if I understand you question correctly, you can only use your disney vacation club points for disney cruises, no other cruises. Is that what you wanted to know??

I do know many club members but none of them like to use their points towards cruises because it takes so many points. They save them for hotel lodgings.

My Dh doesnt cheat at all, one time he was given regular pop, just one glass gave him muscle spasms and made him so sick for about 6 hours, he scared me to death!!! He is also type 2 and does excellant by staying away from processed sugar. I bake about anything he could want. I dont use Splenda or equal like the ship does. I use Nature Sweet. I order it on line. It can even be boiled like for making hard candies, it keeps the flavor and texture like regular sugar much better than the other kinds I have tired.

I am happy to hear they still have some selections for him. We go next month!!

Thanks,

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived