QM2 evening wear

gopack

What Matthew, and all the other gentlemen present, meant to say was, of course, "Yes! The sooner the better!"

And, BION, no WOS,

Paul

I really do mean the kind of EC where you can go out to dinner in, Paul, rather than maybe call for room service...:p

Um, Lex?

Over here, that's a real estate company!

Every time I see that, I have to titter and giggle!

I know! How confused was I the first time I read about it? Now I direct the cab drivers to it, get off 5th, lets go down Broadway!:D

Lex!! You're going to Woodbury Common?! I live about half an hour from there but have never been! You will have to come all the way from England and report back to me if I should go! <lol>

Well you can come and meet me for a latte or somesuch when I take my shopping break! I am going to start saving like mad when we get back from January! I read all about it in Marie Claire and thought, YES, I need to go there!

Well you can come and meet me for a latte or somesuch when I take my shopping break! I am going to start saving like mad when we get back from January! I read all about it in Marie Claire and thought, YES, I need to go there!

When the date gets closer and and you know what day of the week it is, let me know. If it's a week end day, we'll have to drive over, because that would indeed have to be one of the most unique get-togethers ever! :)

Since Cunard is really Carnival Corp. CCL/CUK : NYSE/LSE it is amazing with a Dress Code on the Cunard Line Vessels they do not as the other Lines of Carnival Cruise Corp. have Formal Wear rental off the ship and delivered aboard..etc..

On the LandLine I was again with Cunard which is the same building in California as Princess Cruise Lines.. and was told after going through a gauntlet of people for a basic question which shouild at least be on there site ..http://www.cunard.com but is not((?))

The Tuxedo was invented in what is Tuxedo and Tuxedo Park, New York off NY Rt 17 and the NY State Thruway decades now ago.

On the Queen Mary II (2) :mad:

One night rental is Eighty 80.00 $USD

Two Night rental is One Hundred Twenty Five $125.00 USD

Three Night rental is One Hundred Seventy $ 170.00 USD

Four Night ..Five Night...etccc..+++

Yet on the other lines of Carnival including Princess, again, which is in the same location and floors in California as Cunard... is only Eighty Five Dollars $85.00 USD for the Whole Voyage..:eek: .

PS: In New Jersey on Shoes as well Clothes there are no Sales TAXATIONs...

Because most men sailing on Cunard own their own dinner jackets?? That could be it, a simple matter of there isn't much demand to hire one on Queen Mary 2.

I would say that about sums it up, Angela.

David

:o Better late than never... Here is a discount code for $25 off merchandise purchases of $100 or more: PLA8116 valid thru 11/18/2007 They are also having a killer fall sale both online and in the stores. I admit I have never been to the store, but am considering just ONE more dress... Going through the sale section online last month, I got several dresses, a pantsuit, a jacket and a very nice embroidered tunic for about $225 (using the coupon). Full price would have been easily three times that much. :D

I do have a serious question (shock, horror) about these pesky WDJ's. We would need to take care of that in the next few weeks and I am STILL not sure if it's likely to be common on a Caribbean cruise in November. Cannot figure out if it is the time of year or the region that dictates what is correct. My inclination is to just get one and not worry, but little niggling insecurities make me ask for reassurance...yet again. :rolleyes:

OH - I have another question. This may be totally inappropriate BUT I was thinking of getting DH a new tie. We are huge ice hockey fans and they have a lovely pink striped one (very tasteful) they sell as part of their commitment to charities for cancer research. The tie does have a small-ish "hockey fights cancer" logo on it down near the bottom. Tacky? Okay because it's a good cause? (I don't know if I could get DH into a pink tie, but I want to buy it for him and am looking for an excuse, LOL!)

Cheers,

Susan :)

Living in NYC, I am an expert on all things related to Woodbury Commons and Century 21. Both are great sources for cruise dresses. Neiman Marcus and Saks outlets are excellent, you'll find better deals there than in the individual boutique stores. I recently bought a black label Ralph Lauren dress at Neiman's for $400 (orginally $2200). Also bought another fantastic Ralph dress at Century 21 for $600 (originally $2500). You'll do better with small sizes at Century 21, but the stuff goes quickly. I second the VIP club-- you simply print out the page and you get a nice book of coupons. You can also get the book (or a second one) if you have a AAA card. Great bus service to Woodbury Commons from NYC on shortline, a fun day for sure.

Archived