On your SECOND cruise, was it with the same line?

fishmaniac

Yep, our first was on Carnival (Valor), our second was Carnival (Triumph), our third (in just 3 weeks! on the Triumph) and our already-booked fourth (Liberty) are all on Carnival.

We had a marvelous time on the first one, and Carnival is such a good value, we've stayed with them.

HTH!

Anni

First cruise RC Explorer- Western ITN - this hooked us!

Second- CCL Miracle- Western w/Bahamas?? 6 day- new ship

Third- RC Serenade of the Seas- Southern out of Puerto Rico- the St.s islands

Upcoming- RC Adventure OS- Southern out of Puerto Rico- Aruba

We chose by ITN. We have enjoyed all our cruises and would do a Carnival again- though it must be a newer larger ship. (none of the "ation" names)

In fact we were looking at a Valor Cruise before we booked the Adventure, because of the ITN. I would love to try Princess because of the AT dining; that may be 2009! I really like RC but they need to get some new ITNS.

DH thought the entertainment was better on Carnival as well as the food, but I think that it can differ from ship to ship within the cruise line as well as between the different cruise lines.

For me any cruise is great!!:D:D

When we decided to cruise for the first time, we saw a local travel agent who interviewed us on our likes and dislikes. After listening to our answers and thinking for a while, he told us about this fairly new cruiseline with a brand new ship that he thought we would like. Our very first cruise was on Celebrity Zenith in its inaugural year in 1992 for the Western Caribbean. We loved it so much that we booked it for the following year for the Eastern Caribbean. Our travel agent steered us in the right direction. Celebrity was such a perfect fit for us that we have cruised Celebrity exclusively since 1992. To us the cruise is our vacation - the ship and all that it offers. The ports are extras, something that adds to the experience.

I have cruised on 8 cruises, 3 with NCL, 2 with Celebrity, 1 on Carnival, 1 on RCCL, and 1 on Sun Cruise (Apple Vacations). Two of them with NCL were on the same ship with the same itineray. We love NCL for the dining options. RCCL was the best for a family cruise, lots of activities for several different ages. We had a good time on Celebrity, too. Now the one on Carnival wasn't the best experience, but we are giving them another try. The Apple Vacation cruise, thats completely a different story!!! The ship sucked, but the itineray was great!!

Our first cruise was on the Westerdam (HAL), for our honeymoon. We did it because it was such a deal. A buddy of my uncle was given the cruise as a radio advertising reward. My uncle's station was taking 40 or so of their major clients on this cruise. The buddy couldn't go that week so he asked my uncle to sell it for him. Since we were getting married, my uncle asked me if we wanted to buy it for a honeymoon. So, we did. Had a great time and loved the HAL service.

Second cruise was on the Grand Princess. I chose that basically because of the ship. We've also done Carnival twice, Princess another time, and booked on Princess again.

our 1st cruise was celebrity ,

2nd was carnival

then NCL 2 times

then back to celebrity

now back to carnival

I wanted to try all the different lines to compare...

we went back to celebrity and carnival due to the prices and the itens..

but i would love to try RCCL. HOlland america, and princess.

one day i hope

its nice to try different things

My first cruise was on Carnival as a teenager - I definitely was hooked!

The following year I took a tour of Europe, and an optional extra on that tour was a cruise of the Greek Islands and Turkey. Oh Yeah!:D I didn't have any say-so in the cruise line. It was Eprotiki, I went and I loved being back on a ship.

A few years later, still young and fairly broke, I wanted to take a cruise with a friend. It was all about being able to drive to a port, a cruise we could affort, and an itinerary that wouldn't suck up too much vacation time. A 4 night Baja Mexico Cruise on Admiral Cruises was the answer. Even if they were still in business I would never sail on that line again. I had a good time, but . . . of all the cruises I took, I enjoyed this oene the least.

Jump ahead to my honeymoon. Back to Carnival! Had a FANTASTIC time. DH doesn't really have the cruising bug. Took me a LONG time to get him back on a ship again.

14th Anniversary - Back to Carnival. Same itinerary as our honeymoon. Even DH loved it this time, and is talking about another cruise.

I got off the ship swearing it wasn't going to be another 14 years before I sailed again, so a month after getting off Carnival Pride, I booked next week's trip on Carnival's Paradise.

So, to answer your original question, no I didn't stick with Carnival right from the start (couldn't really afford to), but I'm certainly hapily back with Carnival. I really have enjoyed all three of my cruises with them, and think they are a great value. Am I open to trying other lines? Yeah! DH really wants to go on that RCI Ship with the wave pool that they advertise on TV. I'm open for that!:D I'd also like to check out Princess.

Basically, I think I'd enjoy myself on ANY cruise line! Just get me on a ship with a drink of the day:)

We have cruised with RCCL twice. They were our first two cruises. Then we went to Carnival for the value. Now, we're cuising with Holland America. We love the service we get on HAL. We leave one week from today on the Veendam for the Western Caribbean and our future cruise is on the Oosterdam to Alaska in May '08. We've never tried NCL or Princess. We may do a transatlantic next year on RCCL, but haven't decided yet.

From our experiences, we think Carnival is geared toward a younger crowd, RCCL toward families, and HAL toward middle-age to older folks. And, if you do not want a lot of really young people around when you cruise, do not cruise during spring break.

My first (real) cruise was a learning experience. I found out what I liked / did not like and talked a lot with more experienced cruisers. Especially valuable were the hints of those follow passengers with the same likes, dislikes or even complaints. According to their recommendation I chose the ship for my second cruise. This cruise indeed turned out to be fantastic and I stayed with that line since then.

The first cruise was with RCCL (nice itinerary, Portugal to Brazil, but issues with style, food and service), the second and many more with Cunard.

Interesting question!

When we first started cruising in the late 1980's, we tried a different line each time. Our selections were based solely on itinerary and price. The only line we sailed on during that time frame that we truly loved was Home Lines, which left the business shortly thereafter.

When we returned to cruising in the early 2000's after having kids, we went on Explorer of the Seas, and we were blown away by the amenities, service and beauty of the ship. We went on Adventure of the Seas shortly thereafter and felt the same way. Then we decided to shake things up and try a different line, and we had the worst cruise ever - we couldn't have been more disppointed, particularly in the level of service and the poor design of the ship. So, we returned to Royal Caribbean the following year and have been loyal to them ever since. We feel that their product is a perfect fit for us, and every time we consider trying something different, was ask ourselves why, especially when we are so satisfied with the RCI experience. Perhaps when our kids are older, we'll try Celebrity since they are affiliated with RCI.

I've only sailed with Princess. The first cruise, in 2004 to the Panama Canal, simply astounded me, both in terms of the beautiful Coral Princess as well as the itinerary. Subsequently, I sailed on the Sun Princess to the Eastern Caribbean in 2005, the Island to Hawaii on 2006, and this year to the Southern Caribbean on the Sea Princess. Every one of these cruises were wonderful. I love Princess ships for their service, food, entertainment, value and itineraries.

The next two cruises are booked - in 20 days I will be on the Golden to the Mexican Riviers, and in 5 months I will be on the Diamond for a repeat of the r/t LA <-> Hawaii.

AT this point I can see no reason to sail with any other line. As long as the Princess "product" and itineraries please me, I will stay a Princess cruiser.

My first cruise on my own was on NCL. I liked i so much that my nex one was on NCL, on the same ship, with a difference itinerary. I liked that one so much, my next cruise will be on NCL, same itinerary, different ship. The price for each cruise was outstanding and NCL fits in with my personality and preferences.

Our first cruise was with RCCL. We went on the Explorer for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean. Our second (and upcoming) will also be with RCCL. Although it's the same line we did choose a different ship class. We are going on the Serenade and will be doing the Southern Caribbean.

We have traveled a lot and on one of the package trips that we booked included a 4 night Nile River Cruise. We had never considered cruising before going on that cruise. Our next cruise was Western Caribbean with Princess. Loved it! Next was Carnival, Baja California. I would do Carnival again, but my DH doesn't want to, and my 12 year DD prefers Princess (as do I at this point). We currently have 2 more Princess cruises booked (Western Caribbean - different itinerary, same ship, & Hawaii), and one RCL (Bahamas).

First cruise: Disney. Had never wanted to cruise (because of motion sickness) but won it at WDW. Found loved cruising and how to manage motion sickness but not wild about the DCL experience.

Second: Carnival. It was fine but DD didn't like the kid program (12-14 group)

Third: Princess. Picked PCL because of the 13-17 teen group. DD loved it. I thought it was very nice and a bit more upscale than Carinval (but would have no problem with going back to Carnival)

Future Fourth/Fifth: Princess. Will stick with them till DD reaches 15 and will be in the older Teen groups on other lines.

I would like to try RCL someday but their prices have always been significantly more. In reading cc, it doesn't seem like their product is so much better than other lines that the price difference is justified. Maybe someday will stumble on a 'deal' for them.

(Hi Pam!)

Hi Sharon!

We wanted to go to Cape Canaveral and thought we'd throw in a shorty cruise while we are there. I thought we'd end up with Carnival, but RCL was cheaper. That never happens! They always are more expensive, but this is an older ship.

We kind of like the idea of exploring different lines.

Our first cruise was in Jan. 2004 on the old NCL Sea, out of Houston to the Western Caribbean. Our friends had been trying to get us to go with them for several years, but I wasn't interested. I didn't think I'd enjoy cruising :D , didn't want to eat every night at the same time, with the same tablemates and didn't enjoy that thoughts of having to dress for formal night.

One look at the ship and I was hooked! Our next cruise was to Alaska, again on NCL. The third was back to the Western Caribbean, the fourth was to the Eastern Caribbean, and the fifth was back to Alaska. We've only sailed on NCL so far, and have no plans of switching in the near future.

In addition to loving the freestyle way of cruising, we also love the benefits of NCL's mastercard through BofA. We started using it in Sept. 2004, after our 2nd cruise, and so far have redeemed $2,000 in vouchers to help fund my addiction! The points are steadily building up, and by the time we're ready to sail again (hopefully next May, back to Alaska), we should have another $1,000 to help pay for the cruise.

We will be sailing on NCL Star again in Feb of 09. This time it will be to the Mexican Riviera. This past August we sailed on our first cruise to Alaska on the Star and had a wonderful time. Everything about our cruise was beyond words. We had just a great time that we went ahead and signed up for their cruise awards program so we could cruise again with a low deposit. This past Friday I went ahead made those reservations. I had heard great things about NCL and reading many reviews sold us on them. Can't wait for Feb. 09.

Bosslady:)

First cruise was on the Coral Princess in November 2004 to the Panama Canal. Fell in love with cruising! The Princess product is great, and I would sail with them again.

Second cruise was January 2007, Holland America Zaandam round trip San Diego-Hawaii. The only reason I tried HAL was because my daughter was working on the ship and I missed her :( . I found that I liked HAL even more than Princess. I am a naturally quiet person, so I loved the quiet places on HAL to just read or watch the ocean go by, I loved the gorgeous fresh flowers, and the refined, tranquil atmosphere of the ship.

I will be going on my second HAL cruise next month to the Caribbean, and am looking at booking a Med cruise for 2008, but haven't decided what line yet. I am open to trying other lines, particularly Celebrity and RCCL.

Bonnie

Next year will be our 4th RCI cruise in two years. We have been quite happy with them. There seems to be a natural inclination to stick with what you know despite the possibility that another line may suit your taste better.

We know the RCI ships, their schedules, routine, food, etc. Been on both Voyager and Freedom Class, next year we will sail on a Radiance Class.

Like other cruiselines RCI has perks for returning customers. As well as a visa card you earn cruise points/dollars with.

But I"m sure we will break from the pattern at some point and try another cruiseline. Our only other experience has been with Carnival in 95 on the Imagination. We had a wonderful time and had no complaints. But that was such a long time ago. I don't know how the line has changed since then.

Jimmers:)

Archived