Rooms across from the elevators

chewbacca

Our room will be across from the elevator on our cruise on the Freedom in March. Please tell me it will not be too bad! Our last cruise on RCCL we had a long walk from our room to the elevators. I really did not want that again either!

Our room will be across from the elevator on our cruise on the Freedom in March. Please tell me it will not be too bad! Our last cruise on RCCL we had a long walk from our room to the elevators. I really did not want that again either!

I never sailed on the Freedom but I did sail on the Legend and Miracle and both times were by the elevators (my choice). We never heard anything at all. I thought it was a great location. On the Miracle we were right by the midship atrium elevators and I absolutely loved that location and would pick it again. It was just so convenient to everything.

We had one right by the elevators on the Glory and were not bothered at all by noise. I liked it because it was easy to find and since it was mid-ship it was close to everything.

We have never had too much noise because of the elevators.

I really liked my cabin last month on the Sensation. We were near the Aft elevators. It was one floor up to our dining room and a few floors up to the Seaview Grill.

We were in cabin 7334 on the Triumph in August. We did not hear the elevators but we did hear alot of people noise. People tend to be quieter when they are going down the halls and make their plans when they hit the elevator areas. 2 months earlier we were about 5 cabins down from the elevators and it was perfect for not hearing any noise. Based on our experience with cabin 7334 I made sure to chose cabins that are down the hall from the elevators on our next 2 cruises. If you are the type that sleeps soundly or can go back to sleep easily you will be fine. I think also alot of it has to do with how considerate fellow passengers are. :)

We were across from the elevators on the Conquest and only had a problem on the last night. A group of teens decided to congregate by the elevators and were very loud. After a while, I stepped out and ask nicely if they could go somewhere else to talk and they obliged.

Archived