What months are hurrican season?

Officially it is from June 1 to Nov 30 though two years ago, there were some in Dec but that was a record. I have been in Dec and it was beautiful. The later you get in the season historically there is less storm development.

Officially June 1st through November 30th. Usually it has died down though by early November but that is no guarantee. This year there was a subtropical storm named in May and a few years ago there was a named storm in late December.

We've never had a hurricaine problem in October or November but they can be there.

Not sure if you are responding from the area you live in. I live in South Florida and this is the area that remains a concern throught the season. I use weatherundeground.com and watch Dr. Masters predictions and reports. We have done well so far this year :) and in 2006. However, we had Wilma late October 2005 that caused havic, especially on the east coast. Hope we all get through this season in great cruising weather:D

Of course this year they predicted and predicted, and we had no major storms near South Florida... actually no tropical storms at all. But it would be one in a thousand for you to experience a hurricane in December... the prices are low because the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are traditionally very slow cruise months. People don't cruise when preparing for the holidays.. they cruise during the holidays.

Archived