From aft to promenade inside

Because of the advise from fellow cc members, my DH and I snagged an aft balcony cabin on our very first cruise last year. It was awesome having that huge balcony! :p

We just booked our second cruise for November 08 aboard the Freedom of the Seas. We decided to book an inside Promenade cabin this time to save money. The difference in price is enough to pay our airfare and hotel the night before. Will we be totally disappointed without a balcony? I feel like I was spoiled having that aft cabin on our first cruise. But on the other hand, I am thrilled just to be cruising again.

We went from an aft on Mariner to an oceanview on deck 3 on Constellation - from a huge balcony to a porthole. Did I miss the balcony? Sometimes. But we just spent more time on the upper decks, enjoying the sun, sitting outside in the evening. Would I book the same cabin on Constellation again? Absolutely. The price differential was enormous, and we saved enough to have a fabulous dinner at Oceanliners, plus pay for all of our drinks all week.

If we were the types to crave the privacy of our own personal balcony 24x7 then we would have been disappointed, but we're okay with sharing space so it worked out just fine.

We started with balcony. Then did oceanview. Then back to balcony. Then inside. Then Owners Suite. Then Promenade. Then Grand Suite. Then Promenade. Then balcony..... you get the picture. :D :D :D

We are an equal opportunity cabin booker. ;) And we have enjoyed each and every one of our cruises immensely. :) I think as long as your expectations are realistic and you know what you are booking then you will not be disappointed.

We decided to book an inside Promenade cabin this time to save money. The difference in price is enough to pay our airfare and hotel the night before. Will we be totally disappointed without a balcony? .

Think about it...

You have airfare, a hotel and a promenade cabin for the same price as a balcony.

Would I be disappointed? No way!

Because of the advise from fellow cc members, my DH and I snagged an aft balcony cabin on our very first cruise last year. It was awesome having that huge balcony! :p

We just booked our second cruise for November 08 aboard the Freedom of the Seas. We decided to book an inside Promenade cabin this time to save money. The difference in price is enough to pay our airfare and hotel the night before. Will we be totally disappointed without a balcony? I feel like I was spoiled having that aft cabin on our first cruise. But on the other hand, I am thrilled just to be cruising again.

We usually book an inside and go twice a year. We booked Mariner a couple years ago and got upgraded to a Promanade and loved it. We just came back from a Princess cruise and had an extra large balcony... our first. We enjoyed it but now have just booked a 10 day inside for the price of a 6 day balcony. We decided we just really enjoy cruising.

The Promenade on the Freedom class of ships is very well appointed, we toured the different cabin categories when we were on board the Liberty Pre-Inaugural and was really impressed with the amount of room the Promenade cabin had...We have had ov, balconies, gs, js but never an inside. We would not think twice about booking the promenade cabin and using the extra money towards, hotel, air, etc...Have a wonderful cruise...Later, Jill:cool:

We booked a PR room for our first cruise- 7 night E. Caribbean with 4 port days. Because we didn't spend much time in our cabin.

The next cruise we also had a PR but it was 9 night cruise with only 3 ports. I must admit a balcony would have been nice on this one.

We have a 14 night Pacific N.W./Alaska cruise and we have a balcony booked. Figured it was worth it for this one!

However, if we go back to a port-intensive cruise, we will go back to a PR room (which we LOVE- great location, great view, great layout, great price).

For the price you paid, I think you have made an excellent decision!

Cheers,

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have been waivering back and forth for days trying to decide if I should upgrade, but the exta $ was more than I want to pay right now. The first cruise was for our anniversary, so I didn't mind paying extra for the balcony. We really did enjoy the balcony though. It was nice sitting out there each morning for breakfast. But it sounds like the promenade cabins are nice also. I think we will stick with that cabin. I'll never know for sure until I try them all! :D

Archived