Online check in?

scgirl816

Did I read somewhere that you can check in online prior to boarding to move things along faster?

Go to the Celebrity website.You input all your information i.e. passport number(s), booking number, address, contact person etc. into the site. Eventually, you come up with an expresspass that you can run off and take with you. The one thing I am not sure about, is whether or not you have to be a Captain's Club member to do this.

I haven't made my final payment on a February cruise yet but I printed out my Express Pass last June. I think you can do it anytime and not have to wait for final payment.

That's unusual...the site usually doesn't allow you to print the actual pass, until final payment has been made.

The system seems to work well - we used it. It allows the cruiseline to process you quicker because the have ample time to enter your information. Only one note of possible confusion -- there are forms in your ticket packet as well. We filled them out, but I think they only needed one of them. Best to complete everything and bring it along.

I have also printed express passes prior to final payment.

The one thing that always amazes me is that you have to enter all the information although most of it is already stored in various records with Celebrity. I have also found that at times when you enter the information early some of it disappears and you have to re-enter it.

I must admit that it really speeds your processing at the port. Our last cruise total time from hotel to our stateroom was less than 30 minutes and the hotel was 15-20 minutes away.

Archived