Hotels in Miami

ntune

Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonably priced hotel in Miami? We are looking for something near the port but don't want to spend a ton of money. We just need it the night before the cruise. Last spring, we made the mistake of staying near the airport. Nobody spoke English and the area was questionable at best.

Thanks!!

I will probably try out the River Park Hotel & Suites. It is only $79 on the day before my cruise and in a good location. It is 2 seconds away from a MetroMover station, the free downtown train shuttle and less than 2 miles from the Port of Miami. We figure we will only be in the room for about 12 hours total since our flight arrives in Miami in the evening and we plan on walking around Bayside and getting dinner around there. Even though there are some bad reviews out there, there are some good ones too. If you don't expect too much, you can't be disappointed. The only thing I expect is a clean room, at a great price and location. And two out of those 3 things are already guaranteed. We'll see about the clean part but I don't think we'll have a problem. 3.0 out of 5 rating on Hotels.com and Expedia (based on 150 reviews between both sites) is worth a try.

Hi, we are staying a few days beforehand in South Beach at the Hotel Impala and then staying at the Best Western on the Bay for one night before flying home. The BW is only a 2star and it has so-so reviews, but it should be ok for one night and is reasonable and not too far away from everything and.....has a free airport shuttle.........and will pick us up from the port when we call them, that was important to us.

Browniegirl:D

Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonably priced hotel in Miami? We are looking for something near the port but don't want to spend a ton of money. We just need it the night before the cruise. Last spring, we made the mistake of staying near the airport. Nobody spoke English and the area was questionable at best.

Thanks!!

From your dates you must realize that your time period is peak season in Miami and for a decent hotel, you'll pay close to $200 per night.

I suggest you try Hotwire.

From your dates you must realize that your time period is peak season in Miami and for a decent hotel, you'll pay close to $200 per night.

I suggest you try Hotwire.

Hi yes, we actually booked the BW directly and got a $156 rate which is pretty good considering and booked the Hotel Impala directly and got a very good rate (albeit higher) for that time of year and location, we are very happy with it.

Thanks!

Browniegirl

I tried booking the Holiday Inn Bayside for 2/9/07 last March, and it was alread fully booked for the entire week.

I ran into that as well when looking for a place to stay 1 night post-cruise, thought I better book where still had an opening! It is only for 1 night and as another poster said, as long as it is clean, that is the main thing!!! And not knowing the area, hopefully if we need to, we can catch a cab to shopping.....or just hang out at the pool side.

Browniegirl

Archived