Yeah - Serenade ALMOST back to Caribbean

I can't wait - I have been reading the roll calls from your cruise - you guys are talkative :D I think I gleaned that you are also from Wisconsin? If so - and if you're flying out of Chicago are you by chance doing any park, sleep fly options? Also - what are your plans for the islands?

So when does the serenade come back to the caribbean??? Is it the same every year??

We sail 11/15/08. Will we be one of the first trips back in the caribbean?? I take from reading this site that the serenade goes to Alaska in the summer, is this correct??

Next year, her first Southern Caribbean cruise is on 11/8/08. She leaves LA on her Panama Canal cruise on October 26, 2008. Prior to that she's doing one Hawaii Circle Cruise after she repos down to LA from her summer in Alaska.

Next year, her first Southern Caribbean cruise is on 11/8/08. She leaves LA on her Panama Canal cruise on October 26, 2008. Prior to that she's doing one Hawaii Circle Cruise after she repos down to LA from her summer in Alaska.

My cruise on Serenade next year (3-29) is apparently a couple weeks after leaving dry dock.....I'm hoping that means she'll be nice, fresh and clean. This will be my lady's first cruise and I want her to LOVE it!!

so this means that I need to get my fill on the southern reviews this year. As next year we will be leaving when the first cruise comes in.

Need to use those reviews to decide on excursions.

thanks to all and please post as much "serenade" info as possible

That is what I had to do as well as we are leaving on the first cruise this year. I will be sure to post a review when I come back.

Hello, I just was reading the reviews placed on CC about the Serenade of the Sea...wow there are some negative comments that RCCL needs to read. I do hope they address these issues regarding Serenade of the Sea before my cruise in 2008. It makes a person a little shy of wanting to eat on this cruise ship. It sounds like the Hawaii run lately has not been up to par with the food even in the speciality restaurants on board. Maybe a new crew will get on somewhere soon.

CincinnatiGal

Hello, I just was reading the reviews placed on CC about the Serenade of the Sea...wow there are some negative comments that RCCL needs to read. I do hope they address these issues regarding Serenade of the Sea before my cruise in 2008. It makes a person a little shy of wanting to eat on this cruise ship. It sounds like the Hawaii run lately has not been up to par with the food even in the speciality restaurants on board. Maybe a new crew will get on somewhere soon.

CincinnatiGal

If you go to the roll call for the most recent Hawaii cruise on Serenade you will find a much different attitude towards that cruise than some of those reviews. If you will notice there were 6 reviews posted and 3 of them gave outstanding reviews. Of the others, one I can tell you I have to wonder what ship they were on as I had several friends on the cruise and they didn't have any issues at all, in fact said it was their best cruise ever. And all the Alaska cruises got great reviews.

Hey Cinci gal,

When do you sail in 2008?? We go in November.

Have you searched for flights?? Are there direct flights out of Cinci?? What kind of prices are you finding.

We can either do Columbus, cinci, or may even drive to Detroit if it is the only direct flight. Right now I am finding Northwest at about 300-400 pp

I can't wait - I have been reading the roll calls from your cruise - you guys are talkative :D I think I gleaned that you are also from Wisconsin? If so - and if you're flying out of Chicago are you by chance doing any park, sleep fly options? Also - what are your plans for the islands?

First off - thanks to all for the nice comments!! :D (Blush). I enjoy doing them - my hero is Radio with his pictures and comments - I only hope to do 1/2 as well. We'll have a website up and running to post blogs, pictures, as well as Audio from the cruise, to go along with an enhance the Cruise Critic "Live" Thread.

Yes, we are from Wisconsin, but on the other side of the state. We'll be flying out of Minneapolis on early Friday AM. We are traveling with two other couples, one of which has graciously agreed to drive to and from, so we will split the cost of parking with them.

Any early ideas of what everyone would like to see in a "live" thread? In the same vein, what doesn't everyone like?

Taking notes,

BRL

:rolleyes: Forgot the Island plan question:

San Juan (arrival) - Tour of Old Town along with El Morro (4th time in San Juan, so it will be more of a tour for the new couple coming along.)

St. Thomas - over to St. Johns for Trunk Bay, lunch on St. Johns, then back for some shopping.

St. Maarten - renting a car from Arthur (Explorer 3-row seating) to tour the fantastic beaches on the island

St. Lucia - Touring with Cosol

Barbados - Nothing as of yet (any ideas?)

Antiqua - Eli's Eco Tour

Whew! I'm tired and excited at the same time!!:rolleyes:

BRL

We already have our deposit down for 10 people. I understand they have sold the small cat we were on in 2005 but they assured me that they keep the numbers small and the most we would have on our trip would be 12 - kind of feel sorry for the other couple. Just kidding - we're all really fun loving people. This was by far one of the best tours we have ever been on - first class all the way. The only drawback that I can see and it is a small one is that the cat can't dock right there with the big ships, you will take a van (they provide) about 5 minutes to where they keep the boat.

As far as what we'd like to see in your live broadcast - everything of course - oh except the Quest, I want to be totally surprised.

Are you doing Eli's Eco or the Extreme? Having a hard time deciding.

Thanks! I've heard great things about this as well. My only challenge will to get my DW who is not a beach person nor a swimmer back on a boat/beach ONE more time....:p

They provide unlimited beer, rum, etc for the entire excursion plus really good strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas after snorkeling.:D

CincinnatiGal

Not sure what you reviews you read, but I was on the ship on August 4-11 in Alaska and it was FABULOUS. The food was excellent in the dining room and Chops was outstanding. We had no problems with the Windjammer. The crew and staff were some of the best we have ever had the pleasure of sailing with. I would go on this ship again in a heartbeat.

Hey Cinci gal,

When do you sail in 2008?? We go in November.

Have you searched for flights?? Are there direct flights out of Cinci?? What kind of prices are you finding.

We can either do Columbus, cinci, or may even drive to Detroit if it is the only direct flight. Right now I am finding Northwest at about 300-400 pp

I have checked and Cincinnati is cheaper than Columbus for a change. i sure hope Delta is not reading this and then they will up the rates even higher than they are already!! Delta is the best bet so far out of Cincinnati and it is too early for me to book yet. THey are straight down with one stop at Atlanta and they were the last time I checked running at around $282...this must be a fluke!!! Not a bad flight time to get there either ---a whole lot quicker than Columbus.

I have not checked Dayton yet though sometimes Dayton is really cheap.

CincinnatiGal

CincinnatiGal

Archived