Freedom of the seas, just a few random questions

max44

Hi,

Just a few questions i would like to ask about the "Freedom Of The Seas"

Were booked for April 08 doing the Western Caribbean on deck 8 have we made a good choice here? thought having a cabin with cabins above and below would be the way to go.

I read all the time on other web sites about hotel rooms that have paper thin walls where you can hear EVERYTHING that goes on next door, yet have'nt heard that mentioned at all about cruise ship cabins, are they thicker walls or just a quieter class of people :)

Is there a deck area where you can walk your evening meal off by walking full lenght around the ship? if so which deck? how far is it to walk around and how long would it take?

Is the pool water heated? yes i know we'll be in the caribbean but that does'nt mean the water's not ffffffreeeezing.

Is the pool freshwater or seawater?

Talking about water,,,, where do they store all the water that we use for showers etc etc (just a thought):rolleyes:

Thanks for reading :)

Deck 8 will be fine! I prefer deck ten, since I spend most of my time at the pool, and it's a 1 flight climb!

The cabins are actually pretty quiet--(they're all pre-fab, insulated units!)

The pool water is fresh, treated on the Freedom class ships--I don't know if it's heated--it's never been necessary on any ship we've been on--the sun heats that shallow pool pretty well!

The water on the ship is produced--not so much stored! They have a desalination plant in the bowels of the ship--so water is plentiful and pure! (and very, very soft--shampoo will go a loooooong way!)

Yes, there is a deck for walking around the ship. However, you do have to climb 1 flight of stairs at the bow, cross to the other side, and go down a flight to the walking deck. I'm just off Freedom a couple of weeks ago, and darned if I can remember whether it is deck 5 or deck 4. Don't know how many laps make a mile. It is a nice, wide deck, mostly covered. We have sometimes seen dolphins and flying fish while walking various ship's decks.

you can't walk fully around bow to stern like you can on the Sovereign class ships. But its 3.5 laps around to make 1 mile. I think its deck 12, the elevators will tell you which deck the jogging track is on. One lane is for joggers and the other is for walkers. We were on deck 8 and it's centrally located. We had deck 4 for our dining so we only had to go down 4 decks, and when we wanted to eat in the Windjammer cafe, we only had to go up 3 decks. The pools are on deck 11 also. The water in the cantilevered hot tub was HOT, the water in the Solarium pool was refreshingly cooler. Its all freshwater, you could smell the chlorine. The ships onboard desalinization and purification plants work around the clock to supply all the water needed.

Hi,

Just a few questions i would like to ask about the "Freedom Of The Seas"

Were booked for April 08 doing the Western Caribbean on deck 8 have we made a good choice here? thought having a cabin with cabins above and below would be the way to go.

Your deck choice is fine. Unless you have a connecting cabin, the cabins are fairly quiet if you don't have a loudmouth next to you.

Is there a deck area where you can walk your evening meal off by walking full lenght around the ship? if so which deck? how far is it to walk around and how long would it take?

There is a walking track on the ship - you can certainly walk that. Or you can walk deck 4, I think that deck went all the way around.

Is the pool water heated? yes i know we'll be in the caribbean but that does'nt mean the water's not ffffffreeeezing.

No, they aren't heated. But in April, the water should be warm enough to swim in.

You made a good choice, I love the FOS.

Archived