Pacific Dawn webcam

Kiwi_cruiser

Minx, thats been frozen for about 11 days now ;)

Sam, just between you and me;) I will be checking for the blonde roots in a couple of weeks, I really think she dyes it brown to fool us:p

Will keep you informed;)

Chez

xx

Did you really think she was still in drydock?

Karen

I've said it once and i'll say it again - Chez calls me "Blondie" for a reason hahaha!!

I don't know what I was thinking really, considering the picture that was posted yesterday showed her sailing towards Sydney haha :D

Just ignore me ;)

Sam, just between you and me;) I will be checking for the blonde roots in a couple of weeks, I really think she dyes it brown to fool us:p

Will keep you informed;)

Chez

xx

Actually I dye it dark red - who's the silly now :D :p :D

I don't know what I was thinking really, considering the picture that was posted yesterday showed her sailing towards Sydney haha :D

I hate to be pedantic and picky, :D but the picture didn't actually show it sailing to Sydney - it just showed it in the water, with a tug in front. Some of the lifeboat davits are swung out, probably about to load the tenders back on.

But anyway, it's in the water and no doubt on it's way!

It would be great to be able to see the webcam though...:(

I hate to be pedantic and picky, :D but the picture didn't actually show it sailing to Sydney - it just showed it in the water, with a tug in front. Some of the lifeboat davits are swung out, probably about to load the tenders back on.

You are not picky Martin, just know what you are talking about:) unlike some of us:rolleyes: hehe I think Rahna mentioned that a couple of tenders were missing, so there is an observant one amongst us, I never noticed:p

Chez

xx

I went onto the P & O website and begged them to turn it on as there were lots of people wanting to follow her progress. Maybe if we all do that they will listen to people power.

Don

I went onto the P & O website and begged them to turn it on as there were lots of people wanting to follow her progress. Maybe if we all do that they will listen to people power.

Don

I beseeched them too :)

BTW she's not posting weather reports either. Her call sign shouldn't change, and there's no NOAA / VOS data from her at all. So we can't even track her on a map.

When's her ETA to Sydney?

I beseeched them too :)

BTW she's not posting weather reports either. Her call sign shouldn't change, and there's no NOAA / VOS data from her at all. So we can't even track her on a map.

When's her ETA to Sydney?

Sydney Ports had her in Sydney on the 6th November (6am). I will let the Neilius maths take over and work out if that eta is still possible.

Cheers

Geoff

Pacific Dawn has a working webcam!

[ATTACH]61475[/ATTACH]

Yippee :)

I've updated ShipWatcher and moved her into the P&O Australia group of ships.

Now all we need is some decent weather reports to get location info.

If they switched her over from Hamilton to London then her call sign probably did change.

If its going to British Registry its a fair bet that the radio callsign will be 4 letter starting with G - as in GXXX

I cant comment on the Star or Sun, but the SKY was switched to British Registry with her home port being London.

Yippee :)

I've updated ShipWatcher and moved her into the P&O Australia group of ships.

Now all we need is some decent weather reports to get location info.

Hmmm - it's not updating, unfortunately. But at least it's a step in the right direction.

Sydney Ports had her in Sydney on the 6th November (6am). I will let the Neilius maths take over and work out if that eta is still possible.

Cheers

Geoff

From the cam, it appears she's still heading in an easterly direction, which means she hasn't rounded Cape York yet. It's about a 100 hour sail from Cape York to Sydney. Provided she starts heading south by the morning of November 2, she'll be there by the 6th.

Unfortunately there's no chance of her crossing paths with Pacific Star or Pacific Sun. The Star will be well towards Noumea when PD reaches her latitude, and the Sun is heading southwards to Melbourne a couple of days prior.

If its going to British Registry its a fair bet that the radio callsign will be 4 letter starting with G - as in GXXX

I cant comment on the Star or Sun, but the SKY was switched to British Registry with her home port being London.

Ah, that explains why Sky's call sign changed when it went to Spain. It was GYYP when it was registered in London, and it's different now. I thought call signs stayed with the ship for life, but you learn something new every day!

Archived