Will I like it better

cruisecherry

Well, hubby moved out so we cancelled our Glory cruise in April. :(

The good news is I have rebooked with my 3 daughters aged 17, 13 and 13 for the Liberty on September 20th 2008. Will we like the Liberty better than the Glory, is it teenage girl friendly? :cool:

The good news is I have rebooked with my 3 daughters aged 17, 13 and 13 for the Liberty on September 20th 2008. Will we like the Liberty better than the Glory, is it teenage girl friendly? :cool:

It's not nearly so much the ship as it is the crew, your attitude and the ports of call.

The ports look great, I'm sure the crew will be wonderful and it sounds like you've got a super attitude so I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.

As for being teen-age friendly, I can't speak to that but I'm sure one of the fine folks here can.

Sorry about your husband moving out, but glad you will be cruising with your daughters next year! I have not been on the Liberty but I'm sure there will be lots for them to do! I'm not sure how many other teens will be onboard though, since most schools are in session by then. I do know some schools are year round, or whatever you call it. I'm sure your daughters will have a great time, you all will!:)

We took our grandson age 14 1/2 on the Liberty in June. He had a great time. He is still chatting with a couple of kids he met on the ship. I took my two girls )one is his Mom) on the Pride a couple of weeks ago and he wanted to be packed in her luggage. so I guess he must have loved it.

Have a great time. Sorry about your hubby, but sometimes that is just in the plan of life.

Sorry to hear about your DH but you and the girls will have a great time.

Enjoy!

Under the circumstances, do we still call him "DH"? I'm thinking now that he may be better known as "BH" (and you can guess what the "B" stands for!).

Cruisecherry, good luck with both your cruise and your new life circumstance. I hope that both make you and your kids very happy.

Given the ages of your girls, I would say that if there are teenage boys on board, they will have a good time. Our boys have had a great time on both cruises we took them on...at the times the were 13 & 14 and on the second cruise 15 & 16. They met some great kids whom they still are in touch with today at 24 & 25!

On the Carnival cruise they went on with us (Triumph) they had a whole gaggle that would do everything together. Great kids that were very polite. They even pulled us up in the dance floor with them as we were passing by Teen Night at the disco. I of course did my best to embarrass them!:D

I am planning to cruise without my dh next year also, and i am really looking forward to it. Never know who you might meet,so be open to your new adventure and have fun. I sure your DD will also enjoy the cruise, however, make sure you speak with them about safety on the ship. Walkie talkie maybe a good idea. Have fun !!!!:) :)

Sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe I can offer some assitance. My parents split up when I was 13, my Dad took me and my brother on a road trip to Disneyworld. It was one of the best trips!!! It definately took my mind off the split. We have great memories with Dad about that trip!!!

Have a great trip!!!

I have not been on the Glory, but I have been on the Liberty. It's a great ship, and the cruise experience is as good as the Cruise Director and crew as well as the weather and your expectations. I'm sure you will have a great time ( I've never hated a cruise ! )

Archived