Guaranty rooms

lasharon

We are sailing Celebrity Constellation on Monday Nov. 5th and decided yesterday to do a back to back sailing on Nov.16. All the oceanview rooms that were left on the ship were Category 6 GTY (guaranty) rooms. We booked it but I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with GTY rooms ???

We have done the GTY 2 times now. 1st time on NCL DAWN- we purchased the cat we would be happy with and got that cat.

This time we are on the Westerdam 11/25, we purchased the cat. we would be happy with and when we got our tickets we were upgraded 1 cat. But with no cabin # on the tickets. We are still waiting for that.

So far we are or have been happy with a GTY. cabin.

My advice is, purchase the cat. you will be happy with, thinking you might be upgraded.

Nick

We booked an Oceanview Guarantee on the Celebrity Mercury about 3 weeks before sailing. We received our cabin assignment the next day and were placed in the highest Oceanview cabin category, but as far forward on the ship as humanly possible. We loved it, as we aren't prone to seasickness at all, and didn't feel any movement anyhow.

We booked a Balcony Guarantee on Carnival about a year in advance of our upcoming holiday cruise and were assigned a cabin with a 4-category upgrade, midship, 54 days before sailing. Extremely happy with as well...though we have yet to sail. We are 1 month, 3 weeks away!

Honestly, when booking a guarantee I'm not picky anyway. What I get is what I get. :)

We've been very happy with our guarantee cabin assignments--but we're not picky. Just being on a ship makes us happy.

Our last one on Celebrity was an inside guarantee. We ended up in a cabin I'm sure other people went out of their way to avoid because of the possibility of noise coming from the elevator and a service closet right next to it. But we did not have any problems.

On Princess last year, we were near the bow of the ship. It was rocky the first couple of nights when the ship encountered rough seas. I don't know how much worse it was than a mid-ship location. There is a great public balcony at the front of the ship on the deck we were on. We loved that the entrance was right across the hall from our cabin.

Lasharon, it's almost a certainty your guarantee will be a different cabin than on your first leg. But, I'd speak with the front desk as soon as you board if you're not happy with what is assigned. It may be impossible to improve your cabin....but there's no harm in asking, and most lines try hard to keep their B2B pax happy.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a guarantee room for the 2/3/08 CB, category M. Figured I'll save money for the fun.

When I go online now and look at this cruise, no category M rooms show as being available. Is this a good sign for me for an upgrade?

I don't really care as I spend no time in the room but I've only ever been upgraded once (in a hotel, not a cruise) and it was fun!

sue

• 2 weeks later...

I got my room assignment today. Moved from an M cabin on the Plaza to a JJ on the Aloha. Both are front of ship, but I am thrilled to not be on the lowest deck anymore. Price difference is 90.00pp.

Very happy with the change. :)

sue

Archived