Private tours in Cartegena

klo

Sorry to see your tour was canceled. It was probably because there are three ships in port that day and Mr Miles had to use all his resources to provide ship tours, which he does as well as private tours.

Excursions are not set yet for the Caribbean this fall. Will be in the next few weeks. The ships tours pretty much duplicate what Lee miles offers. We are using him in December and the only difference is that we wanted an additional hour for lunch, making it a four hour tour. Check out the recent port profile on the CC home page and you will see that it would be easy to take a taxi, etc, to see what you wanted.

I have never read anything bad about the tours Lee Miles has arranged. I just wish we would have known earlier that he could not accommodate us, and we wouldn't have spent so much effort in trying to get a large group together. I am still excited about visiting Cartagena anyway. I'm sure we'll do fine on our own (we have a small, but adventurous group planning a self guided tour) and save some money...hopefully, we'll meet some friendly and informative locals who speak English as we visit the various attractions.

I have been working with him for months on our tour and he sent me an e-mail today saying he had to cancel our tour for our group since there will be 3 ships in port that day, all his tour guides will be working for the cruise ships.

• 4 weeks later...
I did ask Lee to recommend someone, and he wrote back saying he was unable to. A poster on our roll call got some information about another tour guide, Jacinto AKA J.J. I have emailed him and am awaiting a reply.

I emailed JJ about two weeks ago wanting info on booking a tour with him in Oct, here's the reply...........

"Dear carol i will send you the info in a minute, I know you will enjoy this. Take care J.J"

Never heard from him again:rolleyes:

I emailed J.J., too, at the beginning of August. A couple weeks ago, I got a call from a guy named Wilfrid who said he is J.J.'s brother and was calling from Columbia. He said he'd email info to me in the middle of September, once he checked on pricing for our group. I figure if I haven't heard anything by then, I'll email a reminder to him, and see where it goes.

You might want to try emailing again, if he said he'd send you info right away.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll post on here as soon as I hear anything. We won't be in Cartagena until early November, so I would like to hear what your impressions are, Pacurn.

I will be there March on 2009 so you will there before me. I will be the one interested in your discoveries. Keep me posted.

Lee Miles is an emerald merchant and tour operator in Cartagena. He has a great reputation for providing interesting and informative customized tours of the city and surrounding area, however, on days where there are more than two cruise ships in port, he will not book any tours as he claims that the best guides will then work for the ships rather than for him. He speaks English very well (I think he is actually an American living in Columbia). He has a website and his email address is leland@misteremerald.com. He has been recommended by other posters in threads in the Columbia forum.

• 1 month later...

Archived