Barcelona Info

OK BOOK IT

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Barcelona. We had a balcony room overlooking Las Ramblas. Only 110 euro.

The decor was a bit cheesy but the price was great. It also includes 24/7 snacks, drinks & beer.

You can't beat the location either - at the top of Las Ramblas next to the Plaza Cataluyna (I probably spelled this wrong :D ).

We are just back from five days pre and post cruise in Barcelona. Check out

http://web.mac.com/jimbellomo/Barcelona-Century_2007/Barcelona.html

I enjoyed reading about your stay in Barcelona. We were there two years ago and we also stayed at the Continental Palacete for a couple of days before the cruise. We really lucked out because they upgraded our room from one of the tiny rooms facing "wherever" to a huge two room suite right next to the big common room. You mentioned the long stairway, but how about the rickety elevator from the street up to the first floor. :p Barcelona is our favorite city in Spain and we really enjoyed it a lot. We did the

hop-on and hop-off bus tour and did a lot of walking as well. Anyone taking a cruise from Barcelona should definitely go a few days prior to their cruise

and enjoy this lovely city. ;)

I enjoyed reading about your stay in Barcelona. We were there two years ago and we also stayed at the Continental Palacete for a couple of days before the cruise. We really lucked out because they upgraded our room from one of the tiny rooms facing "wherever" to a huge two room suite right next to the big common room. You mentioned the long stairway, but how about the rickety elevator from the street up to the first floor. :p Barcelona is our favorite city in Spain and we really enjoyed it a lot. We did the

hop-on and hop-off bus tour and did a lot of walking as well. Anyone taking a cruise from Barcelona should definitely go a few days prior to their cruise

and enjoy this lovely city. ;)

Unfortunately our experience in Barcelona was not a happy one.

We checked in to our hotel about 8:30Am but room was not ready. Hotel stored our stuff til afternoon but we made the mistake of not unloading DW's purse / mini backpack ala Prada. At our first stop on the hop on hop off bus was Segreda Familia where her walled was lifted ( someone slid their hand into a side pocket while a group of women were trying to sell me a rose) She lost $200 + credit cards. Fortunately our passports were not taken.

Having said that - our hotel - the Claris - was nothing short of fantastic when it came to placing calls to the credit card companies - NO CHARGE and they spent almost 2 hours getting though to all of them.

We booked a web rate for $145 Euros and well worth it. IF we ever go back we would definitely use the Claris again

I couldn't find any of those deals near La Rambla. We stayed at the Hotel AC (I think that was the name) It was near the convention center. It was very nice and modern and we payed right around 100 euro. It's a 1 block walk to the subway and an easy ride to downtown. I forget how much our taxi was to the port, but it wasn't more than 20 or 30.

Archived