Temp. on FOS Question??

:confused: I'm going on the Freedom of the Seas this weekend. Wondering how the temperature is on the boat? Some cruise lines are always freezing, esp. at night walking around the boat. I would love to hear from anyone on recently...

Hiya, I've read in places that it can get quite cool on deck and in the dining room at night, but have yet to experience this, as like you, we're also on Freedom this weekend!

Have you joined the M&M? You should stop by and say hello in the roll-calll thread! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=357804

Lizzi xx

Except for one day on last December's Explorer cruise I walked around outside every morning between4-6AM (give or take) in shorts/t-shirt. Part of the warmth was due to a slow (12-14 knot) cruising speed as we sauntered between ports.

Inside the ship esp the main dining room is where you might want something a little warmer.

Happy Cruising,

Alan

:confused: I'm going on the Freedom of the Seas this weekend. Wondering how the temperature is on the boat? Some cruise lines are always freezing, esp. at night walking around the boat. I would love to hear from anyone on recently...

I'm surprised, I've never heard a TA refer to a mega-cruise ship as a "boat" but whatever. There use to be a time when the crew would be insulted by someone calling their ship a boat.

To your question - Like you said though, some cruise lines are always freezing. I never notice this but my DW does all the time. She thinks all the ship temps are always set too low and Freedom is no exception. It's not bad during the day but she says it's cold in the evening as always. She says, it's nothing a wrap won't take care of though. So dress for a little chill in the air but no need to over do it.

Have a great weekend!

Sorry about the boat/ship comment. It's just a pet peeve of mine. It's not a boat... it is a ship. I'd never book a cruise with a TA calling Freedom a boat. That's all.

I'm surprised, I've never heard a TA refer to a mega-cruise ship as a "boat" but whatever. There use to be a time when the crew would be insulted by someone calling their ship a boat.

To your question - Like you said though, some cruise lines are always freezing. I never notice this but my DW does all the time. She thinks all the ship temps are always set too low and Freedom is no exception. It's not bad during the day but she says it's cold in the evening as always. She says, it's nothing a wrap won't take care of though. So dress for a little chill in the air but no need to over do it.

Have a great weekend!

Sorry about the boat/ship comment. It's just a pet peeve of mine. It's not a boat... it is a ship. I'd never book a cruise with a TA calling Freedom a boat. That's all.

You mean its not called a Cruise Boat? :D Boats fit ON cruise ships. Ships don't fit on boats.

Archived