Any celebrity sightings?

ytrap2007

I would think that Monarch would get quite a few celebs just wanting to get away on short trips between filming something. At least I'm hoping to see someone interesting like that on our sailings. :)

We had Yakov Smirnoff on our Freedom sailing this past January.

[quote name='nanfromatlanta']That bus accident nearly killed her, and left het with a steel rod in her back .. ;)[/quote]

I remember very clearly, I hope you caught my sarcasm. It was on, I believe, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, our concert was next on that tour.

I actually had the same celebrity on a couple of cruises; some guy named Bill W. I am not quite sure who he is, but he must be pretty important as several people had T-Shirts saying "Friend of Bill W" and there were a couple of events involving him in the cruise compass.

Jim Bulushi (sp?) was on Disney when my son's band were resident musicians. He was being filmed for a show but went on stage 'jamming' for a couple of nights with them and went down a storm.

Also David Seaman and his family. For those on the other side of the pond, he was England's goalkeeper.

Keep em coming.....:D

[quote name='Gonzo70']I actually had the same celebrity on a couple of cruises; some guy named Bill W. I am not quite sure who he is, but he must be pretty important as several people had T-Shirts saying "Friend of Bill W" and there were a couple of events involving him in the cruise compass.[/QUOTE]

ROFL!!!!! :D :D :D

[I][SIZE=3][COLOR=teal]Just off Freedom on Sunday-Mickey Dolenz(former Monkee) was the entertainment for a night but did see him later in the week and had a picture taken with him...and on our Enchantment cruise in May of 06-Terri Garr was aboard-I am guessing -selling her book that had just been published. I am sure there are many others that we will never know about! Susie[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

On our first cruise, aboard the Enchantment ten years ago, Frankie Avalon was the performer. Although he was 'before my time', we enjoyed his show. He had a big family group with him and stayed on board for the entire cruise. He was sitting next to us in the champagne bar one night and we chatted for a bit . . very friendly.

Being our first cruise, we thought that someone famous must perform on every cruise, however, that has never happened for us since!

I'm great with faces and in many places I've spotted famous people, but not on cruises yet. Its usually restaurants or airports. God only knows how many hour of layovers and delays I've accumulated. The one famous (regional celebrity) person I didn't recognize right way was Leroy Jenkins an evangilist who spent time in prison for fraud. He was beside me on a flight, I didn't know it until we walked out of the jetway and dozens of TV camera lights snapped on, it startled me as it happened as I hit the door and I stopped. There was lots of yelling to get out of the way. Only then did I learn he had just been released from prison and was flying home.
Wrestling fans will recognize the name Lou Albano, I sat next to him on a flight.

A very well known Houston news caster was on our Spring Break 2006 cruise out of Galveston. His daughter is in my son's class at school so we see him all the time. The thing I thought was a bummer for Bill was EVERY time I saw him on the ship which was often as his daughter plays with my son he was surrounded by people talking to him. That must get old.

No celebrity sitings for me - but I am soooo bad about recognizing people out of context I probably wouldn't recognize Elvis! :eek:

We've been through LAX and SF airports many many times and never recognized anyone. And that was before all the private jets.

Archived