Free/discounted upgrades for those honeymooning?

sanjay

My wife and I are going on our honeymoon with RCI departing Dec 2nd.

a coworker told me to contact RCI to fax them our marriage certificate and advise them of our honeymoon and they'd upgrade our room or something along those lines?

Does anyone know if this is true? and if so who to contact?

thanks!

NOT true, there are usually hundreds of honeymooners and every cruise, never mind those celebrating their 25th, 50th and 75 anniversaries. Sorry it would be nice but not realistic. Congrats on your marriage though!!

that's exactly what i assumed! thanks

I would say why not, it is worth a shot. The most that they can do is not upgrade you, but you might get some champagne or strawberries or something in your cabin. You won't know if you don't try. Go For It. You might be pleasantly surprised. Email Crown and Anchor and inform them of the honeymoon. Best of Luck!

My sister and I recently cruised on the Adventure in September. We were seated at a table for six which consisted of us and two honeymooning couples in our age group. Both couples had been upgraded from the junior suites that they had originally booked to grand suites, and both the concierge and our head waiter were fully aware of the fact that they were honeymooners, without either couple ever mentioning that fact.

I'm not saying that you definitely will be upgraded, but it doesn't hurt to try. My husband and I honeymooned on the Liberty and we weren't upgraded by RCI. I ended up upgrading us to a grand suite a few weeks before sailing. But we were on the maiden voyage, which was totally booked up, so I didn't realistically expect that we would be lucky enough to be visited by the upgrade fairy.

I'm not sure who you'd contact (possibly your TA?), but I would say that you should try to let RCI know, just in case.

Archived