Question on property in photo

TPKeller

Hoping one of our regular Bermuda posters can answer this. A poster on the main RCCL board had a question about a house I photographed along the entrance into Hamilton earlier this year.

Theron, where did you take the picture (in your signature) on the left?

The reference is to the thumbnail I currently (as of 11/18/2007) have in my sig. I do change them around from time to time. The photo in question is better viewed here in the album.

Any stories or info on this amazing house?

Thanks!

Theron

Hoping one of our regular Bermuda posters can answer this. A poster on the main RCCL board had a question about a house I photographed along the entrance into Hamilton earlier this year.

The reference is to the thumbnail I currently (as of 11/18/2007) have in my sig. I do change them around from time to time. The photo in question is better viewed here in the album.

Any stories or info on this amazing house?

Thanks!

Theron

Can't answer your question, but I would sure love that house!

:D

Surely bdaguy can track this down.

Hey Pleiades, got any info?

i've heard a couple different stories about the fellow who owns this house. i can't remember his name, but i think he owns a company called ccs, a local computer networking operation as well as one of the major airconditioning companies, air care, i think. the relevant question is does he have any daughters?

i've heard a couple different stories about the fellow who owns this house. i can't remember his name, but i think he owns a company called ccs, a local computer networking operation as well as one of the major airconditioning companies, air care, i think. the relevant question is does he have any daughters?

:D :D :D

Theron

Isn't this the gent known as the "Sterling millionaire"?

This was back in the early 90's and he was getting on a bit then

he married the mother of a friend of a friend and once brought some

astonishing wines to a dinner party.Am sure that was his house

(In Point Shares..right?)

I HOPE you're asking about the daughters as a possible hookup for maybe a son of yours, else wifey may pick up that nasty hammer and break some fingers...or something else.:p

Dear Theron..me again.Just love your pics of BDA...I was the one house sitting at the pink house on the harbour with the twin butteries,used as

his and her changing rooms.

Keep looking in vain for the house we lived in for 8 years in St.Georges

you must have seen it..now known as the Bierman estate but originally the

Astor home..right across from the airport on Ferry Reach.The only draw back was that the late BA flight coming in at midnight seemed as tho' it was coming

in thro' our bedroom window!!

The pool at this home was extraordinarily deep,having been carved out by the

last(Hopefully) aircraft to crash on takeoff..a military flight ..in the late 40's

or so the saying went!!It was a huge pool,about 12 feet deep and was filled with sea water every week. Please take a picture when you are next there!

Dear Theron..me again.Just love your pics of BDA...I was the one house sitting at the pink house on the harbour with the twin butteries,used as

his and her changing rooms.

Keep looking in vain for the house we lived in for 8 years in St.Georges

you must have seen it..now known as the Bierman estate but originally the

Astor home..right across from the airport on Ferry Reach.The only draw back was that the late BA flight coming in at midnight seemed as tho' it was coming

in thro' our bedroom window!!

The pool at this home was extraordinarily deep,having been carved out by the

last(Hopefully) aircraft to crash on takeoff..a military flight ..in the late 40's

or so the saying went!!It was a huge pool,about 12 feet deep and was filled with sea water every week. Please take a picture when you are next there!

Is this where you are talking about? I see a couple pools there, and they are certainly close to in line with the runway. If you zoom out a level or two you will see the airport to the southeast. I guess you would be able to see those houses from the road in front of the airport, but I am always watching the airplanes when I go by there! :)

Theron

Isn't this the gent known as the "Sterling millionaire"?

This was back in the early 90's and he was getting on a bit then

he married the mother of a friend of a friend and once brought some

astonishing wines to a dinner party.Am sure that was his house

(In Point Shares..right?)

According to my Bermuda street map, this is in an area called Point Shares! Here is the google satellite view.

Theron

Is this where you are talking about? I see a couple pools there, and they are certainly close to in line with the runway. If you zoom out a level or two you will see the airport to the southeast. I guess you would be able to see those houses from the road in front of the airport, but I am always watching the airplanes when I go by there! :)

Theron

Yes!!Bottom left hand corner.The pool in question is way over to the right

next to an old dock.The estate was divided into 12 apartments.We were

in 2 of them right on the water at the left of the house.Next time you are there,a photograph,pretty please?You can't miss the house from across the Reach:)

Yes!!Bottom left hand corner.The pool in question is way over to the right

next to an old dock.The estate was divided into 12 apartments.We were

in 2 of them right on the water at the left of the house.Next time you are there,a photograph,pretty please?You can't miss the house from across the Reach:)

Cool! I have no idea when I will be there again... :( Certainly not soon enough though.

Theron

Archived