Hello from the Navigator

We'll be on the Navigator soon. Just wondering if you see any lobster in the dining room :)

Seeing as the "lobster";) is served on formal nights,I have a feeling Gordon wont be in the dining room those nights.......am I right Gordon??:p

I know you will have a good time on your favorite ship, so enjoy every minute of it! ;)

I hope your entire cruise will be smooth sailing.

Watch out for all those little ones. :D

Alexis

Hey Welcome back, how was your cruise??

Hey Welcome back, how was your cruise??

FABULOUS!

Oops, I just yelled it didn't I? :eek: :D

Hi kewlguy,

Update on booze getting on board the ship. Empress in San Juan.

When boarding in San Juan, people were evidently allowed to carry it on from the duty free store. I saw people just carrying it down the hallways in boxes from the liquor store in the terminal. Mine came in my luggage.

After that day, EVERY bottle was confiscated when the passengers came aboard from every island. No one got on with a bottle of anything in their bags.

If anyone said they did, I do not believe them. As soon as a bag went through the machine with a bottle in it, the guys hand went up and the "booze police" standing right there were alerted. Mine was taken in our first port of St. Maarten and it was returned on the last night of the cruise. I had forgotten about it and I was all done packing and had no where to put it so I gave it to my cabin attendant. :(

Hi Gordon...........glad you are having a good time.

If you happen to see Kieron Buffery would you please tell him that Jim and Patti of THE Happy CocoNUTS send their regards and that we miss him on Radiance.

Patty, has all of your snow melted? I'll be driving that way along I-90 on Thursday.

Hi Gordon :D

Can you please tell us if Carlos is still the Concierge ? I know he was offered the IND CL (not the Diamond club) but he hadnt made a decision last time I spoke to him.

If by chance you are at Guest Relations can you maybe have a wee lookie and see if Stacey is still onboard please :) If you are chatting to her please say hi from "The Child's mum" and we miss her smiling face :D

Hope you have a great cruise :D

Liz......I just got off the Navigator with JC, and the conceirge is Carlos Marasigan.

Rick

Hi Gordon :D

Can you please tell us if Carlos is still the Concierge ? I know he was offered the IND CL (not the Diamond club) but he hadnt made a decision last time I spoke to him.

If by chance you are at Guest Relations can you maybe have a wee lookie and see if Stacey is still onboard please :) If you are chatting to her please say hi from "The Child's mum" and we miss her smiling face :D

Hope you have a great cruise :D

Good morning from sunny Cozumel. Carlos is still on board. I will try to check for Stacey.:)

[quote name='rubrrick']Liz......I just got off the Navigator with JC, and the conceirge is Carlos Marasigan.

Rick[/quote]

Thanks Rick!

Rick, I am sorry, Krystal and I got busy the last day and I just couldn't find time to call you. Would have loved to spent some time getting to know you and your wife. Hopefully, we shall cross paths in the future on a cruise!

jc

[quote name='FL_Cruiser64']Great. Keep the info coming. We will board her when you get back (24th). So I am keeping this thread in my subscribed threads.

What is your itinerary?[/quote]

This is a six night and includes stops at Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Today is our first stop. It was pouring down rain at 7:00 this morning when we docked but now it is sunny and HOT!!!!!!!! So far the cruise has been great. The crew is adjusting to being back in the states as the Navigator arrived this past weekend from her transatlantic. Only one production show this week and it is the last night. I guess they had a change in the entertainment staff and are learning the shows.

[quote name='xpcdoojk']We got off the ship Sunday so Gordon could get on. The line going thru customs was a nightmare, as they had 6 lines doing the initial check and it was not quick. We were about 1-1/2 hour behind the expected time. We had a great cruise and met a lot of great folks from CC.

Liz, I am not quite a Diamond yet and I definitely don't stay in suites, but the Carlos I saw with a shaved head was the loyalty abassador. Seemed like a nice guy. No clue if it is the same one.

The cruise director was Keiron Buffery from England. He was very funny with a dry sense of humor and he did a great Mustang Sally.

[B]We had very few kiddies and I was told it would be over 900 for this sailing. Poor Gordon[/B]!:D

jc[/quote]

JC I can verify that there are indeed over 900 sweet little kiddies on board.:D Actually there has not been any problems as RCI is doing a great job of keeping them hidden!!!!!!!:D

I will be back on later but it's almost Margarita time and the internet on this ship is so S-L-O-W!!!!!!!!. Takes forever for a page to load.

Thanks Rick,JC and Gordon for info on Carlos..guess he decided not to go to the Independence. Boy does he work hard in the CL, full room every night on our cruise....and he remembers everyone's names and drinkies.

I am sure the crew will cope very easily with 900 kiddywinkles...hey they coped with all the Brits and old old oldies this past summer on the Med so 900 kids will be a breeze for them :D I bet the crew are very happy to be back over the pond again. There should be loads of happy faces onboard...oh yea including Nestor at the WJ.:D

Hope you have a fab time Gordon and thanks for looking out for Stacey (from Trindad & Tobago).We didnt get chance to say our final goodbyes to her as we slept in on disembarkation day and had to run for the transfer.:o

[quote name='BillOh']Patty, has all of your snow melted? I'll be driving that way along I-90 on Thursday.[/quote]
Snow, what snow.............where we are the grass is still growing.:eek:

Weather is supposed to be very rainy tomorrow and then rain changing to snow on Thursday. Have a safe trip up.

[quote name='Alexis']

[B]Hi kewlguy,[/B]
Update on booze getting on board the ship. Empress in San Juan.
When boarding in San Juan, people were evidently allowed to carry it on from the duty free store. I saw people just carrying it down the hallways in boxes from the liquor store in the terminal. Mine came in my luggage.
After that day, EVERY bottle was confiscated when the passengers came aboard from every island. [B]No one[/B] got on with a bottle of anything in their bags.
If anyone said they did, I do not believe them. As soon as a bag went through the machine with a bottle in it, the guys hand went up and the "booze police" standing right there were alerted. Mine was taken in our first port of St. Maarten and it was returned on the last night of the cruise. I had forgotten about it and I was all done packing and had no where to put it so I gave it to my cabin attendant. :([/QUOTE]

The key is to switch it into something that doesn't look like a liquor bottle. Not that I would know, being the honest upstanding citizen that I'am. :)

Gordon

I'll be in and out today as our son flys in for Thanksgiving........just wanted to leave you a post in case you check in.........

Hope you are having a great time, how are you doing with those 900 kids;)

If I miss you tomorrow Happy Thanksgiving

Jim

[quote name='Alexis']I know you will have a good time on your favorite ship, so enjoy every minute of it! ;)
I hope your entire cruise will be smooth sailing.
Watch out for all those little ones. :D
Alexis[/quote]

Thanks Alexis, Tony and anyone else that I missed. Cruise is going great so far. Good day in Cozumel yesterday. We just arrived in Belize along with the Carnival Miracle and a HAL ship. HOT, HOT, HOT today here. :)

Archived