fll to miami pier

spintowin

I'm looking for transportation from fll to port of miami in

april'08. This for young newlyweds, so renting a car is probably not a good idea. They will be arriving at 5:30 am in fll. Thanks for any help.

Make a left out of the AP to the cab stand. Share a ride @ around $65 plus tip total to the port. The cabs are metered.

Jimmers:)

there is a no reservation shuttle service right out of the luggage claim and it is 18$ pp. They just go to the desk and tell them where they want to go. The only thing I don't know is if they are 24 hours or not. 5:30am? wow that is early, is this on the day of sailing? If yes, then they might want to go find a place to have a long breakfast at near the pier area, maybe at Bayside Marketplace. And then around 10:30 am they can catch a cab from there to the port for around 10$ for the cab.

If they are going the day before then I would call the hotel and request early check in.

Well, maybe they are better off flying to mia the day before and staying in a room. 5:30 is a little early and finding transportation that early might be impossible. There are 2 reasons I was looking at fll.; 1) cheaper airfare (about 200 dollars less for both), 2) I wanted to book them on the Miami tour/airboat post cruise that drops off at fll. Any thoughts?

Well, maybe they are better off flying to mia the day before and staying in a room. 5:30 is a little early and finding transportation that early might be impossible. There are 2 reasons I was looking at fll.; 1) cheaper airfare (about 200 dollars less for both), 2) I wanted to book them on the Miami tour/airboat post cruise that drops off at fll. Any thoughts?

Good idea on getting into Miami the night before, but skip staying at the Hyatt unless you want to have zero amenities beyond a supposedly fancy room. $6 for a bottle of water.... Ridiculous.

Try a Hampton Inn, reasonably priced, clean and usually serving a rather good complimentary breakfast in the mornings.

I know you didn't mention a hotel in your post, but my wife and I stayed at the Hyatt on our honeymoon and have forever written them off because they don't offer much other than a high price tag. So, I'm on a quest to send people elsewhere! :)

5:30am. Hmmm. You won't be able to get on the ship till around 11 at the earliest.

That's the problem with FLL AP, they're so much cheaper than Miami but it's such a pain. Transportation to the pier is more expensive than Miami and you have to wait around for hours.

On our last cruise we had to sit in the AP for over 8 hrs and swore we would never go "cheap" again.

Jimmers

Look into SuperShuttle. I am not sure of the cost but it might be a little cheaper. If you fly in the same day as the cruise, you can purchase transfers from the cruiseline. There will be a representative at the airport to meet you, you would board a bus and they will take you to the port. That way you don't have to worry about traffic to the port--there is almost always traffic on Rt 95 anytime of the week. Happy Cruising.:D

Yes, transportation from Fll to Mia port is a pain, we found it easier to rent a car. If you do decide to fly them in to Mia, we too, have enjoyed Hampton Inns. You might consider hotels in the Coconut Grove area, which is compact enough for walking, safe, has good restaurants and shopping. The Hampton Inn on SW 28th Terrace (just off of SW 27th Av) is good (next to a really good cuban restaurant, Las Culebritas), and also the Doubletree Hotel on S Bayshore Dr is good (just down the street from several good restaurants such as Tu Tu Tangos and Monty's Stone Crab. For other hotel options, try CC's sister site, Trip Advisor. Cabs from this area to the port should run approx $15-20. Another problem with the early hour, besides transportation, is not many places are open that early. For example, the Bayside Marketplace (which is a great place to shop, dine, or kill time), doesn't open until 10am. If you can, try to fly them in the afternoon, or evening before the cruise. That way, if the airlines lose their luggage, they will have a better chance of getting it before the cruise. Its no fun having to operate out of your carryon for several days! Best wishes to the Newlyweds and Bon Voyage! :)

Archived