Formal attire on 3-night Wonder to Bahamas?

JeanneII

I've been told that tuxes and evening gowns are not the norm on this cruise, but since my dad and husband already own tuxes and mom and I have formal gowns, it sure would be nice to have a picture of all of us looking our best. Will we look out of place going all out on our attire for one evening? Which night/restaurant would be the best for formal attire?

Dress however YOU are comfortable.

There do tend to be far fewer tuxes on the Wonder b/c it's actually a 'semi-formal' night rather than formal - but it's your cruise - so have fun!

As for which restaurant - well, Triton's is probably the more formal of the regular restaurants - but semi-formal night is night 2 on the 3-night, and there's no way to guarantee which restaurant rotation you'll have. You can request one, but they don't tell you which you have until you get your Key to the World card.

HTH

For the three night Wonder, I would recommend that you wear tuxes, etc on the last night. That appears to be the most dressy of nights. we cruised on the Wonder in September of this year, and found the dressto be much more casual than on our past trips. We packed skirts and sweaters and felt over-dressed for the first two nights--we were surrounded by shorts and jeans most nights

I was confused about formal night on my recent 3 night.

I thought that Tritons was supposed to be the formal restaurant but it turns out that the last night is the formal night independent of the restaurant. Seems silly to me. I'd feel strange wearing a tux at Parrot Cay.

Can anyone confirm?

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering too. I was planning to make our own formal night out of our rotation to Tritons since that is the most formal restaurant, but I'm hoping it's not our first night. I'd rather that be more casual since it is a hectic day.

we went on a Wonder cruise and I wore a suit to formal night. There are far less tux's on this cruise than a 7 nighter...I felt I was fittingly dressed in a suit

Disney no longer has formal nights on the 3/4 night cruises. They call it dress up night now. I wore what i wore to the casual nights as did a lot of others.

As stated it's your cruise so if you wish to get dressed up than by all means go for it.:)

Bill

Does the Wonder have a Palo's or equivalent? Sorry, I've only been on Magic. If they have a Palo's on Wonder, it would make a good place for your "formal night"

I'd highly recommend Palo but make your reservation early as they go fast. We ate there one night and the food was wonderful and the atmosphere was peaceful and elegant. The dining rooms were terribly noisy and chaotic but the waiters were wonderful. As for "formal night", I saw only a few people in suits and long dresses on the cruise we just returned from. I did, however, see several men in shorts in the dining room at night (including "formal night").

Archived