Anytime Dining

bob c

I just cruised the Crown Princess and it was $10.50 daily. If you wanted to remove this from your account, they had only 2 times you could do this. Both were days in port and 4 hours while in port. You could not remove it any other time.

I asked for envelopes and was told they do not use that system anymore and if you do tip your room steward they are "supposed" to turn the tip money so all can share in this. I don't like that system at all.

I have always tipped over the $10.50 per day but to the people who have helped me. I find they are getting less tips now with this new method but I gather that is to accomodate for those that don't tip at all.

Our room steward told us that if we kept the tip on our account then anything they receive extra is kept by them. He worked very hard, had 18 rooms all by himself and his "take" of the $11.00 daily tip was $3.00. We tipped him at the end of the cruise with extra money in an envelope plus filled out the "made a difference" card.

Our room steward told us that if we kept the tip on our account then anything they receive extra is kept by them. He worked very hard, had 18 rooms all by himself and his "take" of the $11.00 daily tip was $3.00. We tipped him at the end of the cruise with extra money in an envelope plus filled out the "made a difference" card.

$3 X 36 pax = $108 p/day. There's an additonal base salary, but it's probably minimal.

Not too bad for the type of work involved.

Archived